ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 19 years and tax amendment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR after 19 years and tax amendment

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:01 pm

Hi everyone

I hope you are keeping well. Just want to share with you I got my ILR after 19 and half years, due to one my application for late back in 2006 for 15 days due to JR was in process and visa runout. All this happened due to compliant by my relative without facts and figures, I was working part time and studying full time, but my salary was quite high due to sale job, and its took me two year to justify and home office paid ex gratia payment, but my new visa start and application was 15 days in 2006, Applied ILR in 2012 given visa after 18 months on basis of family life, again applied ILR in 2017, and object due to tax return issue, all tax paid, again applied in 2019, mind to refuse letter received after submitting all evidences, it was refused and went for JR permission, initial application refused without looking actual facts, then applied upper tribunal and judge allowed appeal and home took case back and received new decision with ILR.
I only stayed on tier 1 general visa for 6 months back in 2012.
I hope those are waiting decision will get soon.
Best wishes
Amjad

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: ILR after 19 years and tax amendment

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:32 am

Congratulations!

Your story is why I always ask people to abide by immigration rules. Not because I find these rules fair, equitable or balanced but if you break them, you end up in a world of pain. Nearly 20 years for an ILR, lawyers, tribunals, a lot of £££ spent and the stress just for an ILR that most people get within a few years only.

Note that if you apply for citizenship, any immigration or tax irregularity within the last 10 years, can be brought again.

All the best.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: ILR after 19 years and tax amendment

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:49 pm

Hi Zerubbabel

Thanks for this, and your reply
Best regards
Amjad from Leeds