ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - Dependent ILR.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rizrashid116
Pakistan

Citizenship - Dependent ILR.

Post by rizrashid116 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:45 pm

Dear,

I would like to apply for citizenship for spouse she recently have ILR. I have British nationality. My question is:
Does she has to wait for one year in citizenship like I did when I had ILR (on 5 year Tier 2 general route).
Or can she just apply for citizenship?

Regards,

secret.simon

Re: Citizenship - Dependent ILR.

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:53 pm

She can apply directly for naturalisation, provided that, on the date of application,
a) she has ILR,
b) her spouse is a British citizen on that date,
c) she was physically present in the UK exactly three years before the date of application, and
d) she meets the other (absences, English language, LITUK test, etc) requirements.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

rizrashid116
Pakistan

Post by rizrashid116 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:50 am

Thanks for explaining. Another question:
currently citizenship ceremony is taking time to come, can she travel after getting approval letter for citizenship application. is there time limit again to live abroad before attending the ceremony.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:48 am

Travel between the approval letter/email and ceremony is permitted - note you are not British until the ceremony and certificate received.
Absence days from the UK post application are not relevant unless you decide to leave the UK forever before the ceremony then that would be a disclosable material change. But not normal travel.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rizrashid116
Pakistan

Post by rizrashid116 » Sun May 16, 2021 6:50 pm

I am Filling Form for Dependent Citizenship (had ILR). Partner has already Nationality.

Question in filling as we have one daughter:
Q: "Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?"
Do I need to say Yes as my daughter has already a British passport.
Q: For Residency Requirements:
"Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen (for example, you have had too many..."
Should I say no in it?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:33 pm

Suggest for both questions "No" - daughter is already British and if you meet all requirements.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rizrashid116
Pakistan

Post by rizrashid116 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:19 pm

Filling application for Citizenship and

Date your partner was granted citizenship
Partner's citizenship certificate reference number

my partner has British passport and we couldnt find a certificate reference number,
what should we do if we dont have the naturalisastion certifitcate? should we apply for the new one or we can retrieve from somewhere?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:23 pm

rizrashid116 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:19 pm
what should we do if we dont have the naturalisastion certifitcate?
The naturalisation certificate is the ultimate and determinative proof of your British citizenship,which in turn determines the citizenship of your children and their children.

Your passport is a travel document and not determinative proof of your British citizenship.

If you have lost or misplaced your naturalisation certificate, I would strongly suggest getting a copy of it from the Home Office as soon as possible.

Once you get a fresh copy,
a) Keep it safe. It is vitally important not only to prove your British citizenship, but also that of any children born to you in the UK or abroad and perhaps even to their children.
b) Get a few photocopies of it and keep them in different safe places.
c) Scan it and save copies in different places (emails, Onedrive, Dropbox, etc).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.