ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reasons for refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Beachy65
Newly Registered
Canada

Reasons for refusal

Post by Beachy65 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:44 am

Hi all,

I'm new here and I hope you can help me. I've applied for the EU Settlement scheme on 24/08/2020 and still haven't had a decision. I'm here on a Spouse/Partner visa since May 2018. My partner is from Northern Ireland. I received an email from case worker on 10/01/2021 to request additional information, which was provided on 14/01/2021. Since then, nothing. I'm just worried as to why it's taking so long. What are the reasons for refusal? I don't know why it's taking so long. I've filed a complaint and it's now been 17 days since and they haven't even replied to that. I know they say 20 days. Can owing money on Canadian taxes be a reason for refusal? I'm getting really worried as the deadline is approching fast and I read that, after 01/07/2021, I will be considered an overstayer even if I applied way before the deadline. What else can I do? I can't sleep anymore and I feel like I'm getting into a deep depression here.

Thanks for your help.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Re: Reasons for refusal

Post by rachellynn1972 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:54 pm

You are not an overstayer if you have an on going application with the HO. As long your wife have an Irish passport you will be fine. Try contact adviceNI for help and support.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.