ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkm87
Newly Registered

PBS Dependent visa extension

Post by mkm87 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:05 am

Hi all,

My wife entered UK on a Tier 2 (General) visa in July 2016. She was issued a 5-year visa until July 2021. She recently submitted her application for ILR.

In December 2016, I switched from my own Tier 2 (General) visa to become her dependent (PBS Dependent visa valid until July 2021). I am now applying to extend my PBS Dependent visa.

Visa category:
Is “PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent dependant partner” the right visa to apply for? I’m a bit confused by the new Skilled Worker category.

Application timing:
Do I need to select the service so that my new visa application is approved *before* my current BRP expires? I don’t have any plans to travel in the near future and I would rather not spend the money on priority service
Can I apply in parallel to my wife’s application or is it better to wait until her application is approved?

Which visa or permission to stay has the main applicant applied for or been granted? (Choose the service that the main applicant most recently applied for, even if their application is still being processed. If the main applicant has been granted indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship, you should choose the route under which they were granted leave before.)

There is no option to select “ILR”. The only relevant option I can find is “Tier 2 (General) leave to remain”. Is that the right one?
Subsequently it asks whether I have their UAN number. Is it ok to give the UAN for her ILR application? (that’s the only one I have)

Have you ever been given medical treatment in the UK?
I have lived here for the last 5 years and visited the GP a number of times. I don’t know how I would find all the dates I visited the GP. Any practical tips?

Thank you very much!