ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Quant1
Newly Registered
India

Help

Post by Quant1 » Sun May 16, 2021 10:50 pm

Dear All ,

I am new to the forum and this question might have already been asked - sorry couldn't find it .

I have a friend , who married a EU girl in aug 2018 in morocco.
He arrived in UK same year on EEA Family member visa for a year
then He applied for renewal of visa and was granted 5 yrs family visa in 2019 till 2024 .

He works is real estate and pays his taxes , they are not having a good time and want to
Divorce / separate .

My question - Is this going to affect my friend in obtaining the passport ,

Thanks
Q

Quant1
Newly Registered
India

Re: Help

Post by Quant1 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:26 pm

Hey Any help ..

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:27 pm

What is the family visa ?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue May 18, 2021 9:46 am

Quant1 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:50 pm
He arrived in UK same year on EEA Family member visa for a year
EEA documentation is NOT a visa.
It seems you are referring to a EEA Family Permit.
then He applied for renewal of visa and was granted 5 yrs family visa in 2019 till 2024 .
If you mean he then applied for a EEA Residence Card, then again, don't say "visa", and definitely don't say "Family Visa", since that can be confused with the visa for family members of British citizens (that one is a visa, EEA residence cards aren't visas).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Quant1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Quant1 » Wed May 19, 2021 8:30 am

thanks , any one knows the answer to above .

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed May 19, 2021 8:39 am

Quant1 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:30 am
thanks , any one knows the answer to above .
Do you realise it's unclear what type of residence permit you have?
Do you have a EEA Family Permit, and a EEA Residence Card, or do you have something else? If you don't clarify that, then it's difficult to answer. That's why we asked.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Quant1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Quant1 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:17 pm

Dear Kamoe ,

He has a residence card with a pre settled status Card issued on 10 / 05 / 19 till 10 /05 / 24

Much appreciated .

Quant1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Quant1 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:20 pm

card says - Family member EU residence .

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri May 21, 2021 6:54 am

Quant1 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 6:17 pm
He has a residence card with a pre settled status Card issued on 10 / 05 / 19 till 10 /05 / 24

He works is real estate and pays his taxes , they are not having a good time and want to
Divorce / separate .
What's the validity of the Pre-Settled Status itself? I'm assuming he was issued his EEA card, after that he applied to the EUSS with it, and after that he got Pre-Settled status for 5 years. Correct? If so, the Pre-Settled Status will likely be valid for some time after the printed date on the card.

He can stay in the UK with no problem until whatever date his Pre-Settled Status is valid for (he needs to check the Outcome letter he was sent when granted Pre-Settled status).

If by the end of that validity he is legally divorced, he will likely face issues when trying to extend his stay in the UK. Not the case if they only separate but not divorce.
Is this going to affect my friend in obtaining the passport ,
If by "passport" you mean acquiring British citizenship, that's a different question altogether. First he needs Settled Status, then he needs to live in the UK for an additional year, and only then he can apply for citizenship. And only after acquiring citizenship he can apply for a passport. Passport is not the same as citizenship; many British citizens have never have a British passport (if they have never travelled, they have never needed it).

Queries regarding British citizenship should be asked in the British citizenship section.