ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the Application Process for a T5 YMS Visa?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CourteneyJL
Newly Registered
Wales

What is the Application Process for a T5 YMS Visa?

Post by CourteneyJL » Tue May 25, 2021 4:54 pm

My boyfriend (23 from South Korea) is currently in the U.K. with no visa as he is able to travel here for six months. However, he wants to stay here for longer but would like to work on a T5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa.
For South Korean citizens, they have to apply for a ballot first in July, which will select 200 people for the scheme, and then they can apply for the visa and the following processes.

However, as he is currently in the U.K. we are wondering at which point in the process will he have to leave the U.K. for another country. Should he leave before applying to the ballot, before applying to the visa or for his biometric information.

Also we heard that he can apply from any country that is not the U.K.. In that case, could he also collect his visa from any country or would he have to return home to collect it.

Any help is appreciated!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What is the Application Process for a T5 YMS Visa?

Post by CR001 » Tue May 25, 2021 5:05 pm

Note that he is here on a visa, he has a visitor visa, stamped in his passport for 6 months and no work or recourse to public funds.

Her needs to leave the UK before he applies for a tier 5 visa.

He can apply in any country where he has legal residence, ie is not in a country as a visitor.

Also note that he should apply from his home country because of the different process involved with the ballot compared to other countries who qualify for tier 5 yms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CourteneyJL
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by CourteneyJL » Tue May 25, 2021 5:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:05 pm

Also note that he should apply from his home country because of the different process involved with the ballot compared to other countries who qualify for tier 5 yms.
In that case, he should go back to Korea before he starts any of the visa process? Like before the ballot? Thanks for the reply :))

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 25, 2021 5:26 pm

Ideally yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.