ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry allowed in UK with Visa Vignette and can Visa vignette be used as right to work? With India listed in Red list

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arjain15
Newly Registered
India

Entry allowed in UK with Visa Vignette and can Visa vignette be used as right to work? With India listed in Red list

Post by arjain15 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:19 pm

Hi,

I have Visa Vignette with me and I have to collect my BRP card after entering UK. Currently India is listed under red category under travel restrictions. So, will I be allowed to enter in UK with Visa vignette? And after completing mandatory quarantine, collect my BRP card?

Also, can my wife (who has a dependant visa) use her Visa vignette to prove her right to work in UK (as she is interviewing from India and her potential employer is going to ask proof of right to work before giving offer) as she doesn't have her BRP card as of now?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Entry allowed in UK with Visa Vignette and can Visa vignette be used as right to work? With India listed in Red list

Post by manci » Tue May 25, 2021 6:21 pm

arjain15 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:19 pm
will I be allowed to enter in UK with Visa vignette? And after completing mandatory quarantine, collect my BRP card?
Yes to both questions.
See: https://www.freemovement.org.uk/travel- ... for_the_UK
arjain15 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:19 pm
use her Visa vignette to prove her right to work in UK
No. Her prospective employer will need to see and file a copy of her BRP to confirm her right to work. Any job offer she may get would be subject to producing the BRP.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice