ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:52 am

cutesweetgal - Congrats i soo happi for ya.......hope u n hubbi have a great life together so when hubbi flying out then>>bet u cant wait t get to the airport.......

Safina1 - so sorry to hear dat ur hubbi didnt get it ... dunt wish this on anyone..... :cry:

mrsi - any news yet hun...fingers crossed for ya......

mamalik1 - hey congrats realli happi for ya hope u n hubbi have a great life toghter.........when did u apply for da visa???

Congrats to everyone...just pray for us the ones dat r left lol .....

Any one applied during september time????

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:58 am

Many many best wishes to cutesweetgal & shaz duff.... I am praying for every1 and waiting for my wife's application response aswelll....

@safina.. sis i wud advice u to re-apply with additional documents and a proper covering letter mentioning that u was refused on these grounds and now you have added the required documents with the application and list the documents in the letter as well. You will surely get the visa. [plz don't go for appeal]

:oops: still waiting for my wife's reply

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:26 am

faaniali - when did u apply for the visa???? and were if ya dunt mind me asking

sam_uk
Newly Registered

Post by sam_uk » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:29 am

salam every body, just wanted to share the good news and some information with others which may be encouraging and a bit help full for others.By the grace of Allah, I have got the passport this morning with visa stamped on it.

I got a call from Gerrys International today about 1000 hours while I was still snoozing in my bed, the guy advised me to collect my passport between 1200-1300 hours. Time line is as follows:

Application date: 09/09/2008 at VAC Lahore
Stamp Date: 07/10/2008
Called by Garrys: 10/10/2008
Passport Collected: 10/10/2008

Total time is about 4 weeks. As I mentioned in my last msg, I also emailed BHC about my urgent need for the visa with some proofs.May be that also helped to expedite the procedure.

Any how, thanks very much every body for providing a very very valuable discussion. Although, I didn't interact much however, I got insight into many things and a lot of courage.

God bless us all in our good intentions and make life easy for all of us . Aameen,

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:41 am

she applied on 17th of September :?

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:43 am

faaniali wrote:she applied on 17th of September :?
ok just a few days after me..just wait patiently and try and keep busy not point getting worried....this is ur first application yeh....were did u submitt it...(being nosey sos)

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:45 am

sam_uk wrote:salam every body, just wanted to share the good news and some information with others which may be encouraging and a bit help full for others.By the grace of Allah, I have got the passport this morning with visa stamped on it.

I got a call from Gerrys International today about 1000 hours while I was still snoozing in my bed, the guy advised me to collect my passport between 1200-1300 hours. Time line is as follows:

Application date: 09/09/2008 at VAC Lahore
Stamp Date: 07/10/2008
Called by Garrys: 10/10/2008
Passport Collected: 10/10/2008

Total time is about 4 weeks. As I mentioned in my last msg, I also emailed BHC about my urgent need for the visa with some proofs.May be that also helped to expedite the procedure.

Any how, thanks very much every body for providing a very very valuable discussion. Although, I didn't interact much however, I got insight into many things and a lot of courage.

God bless us all in our good intentions and make life easy for all of us . Aameen,
congrats realli happr for ya...oh ss u emailed them stating it is urget that you need the visa........prob the reason the speeded up the procedure

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:46 am

@Karachi Gerry's office.. Its a spouse visa (Non-settlement) :shock:
Everyday i wake up and open the net browser on my phone via wifi and the 1st thing i do is chk the status :cry:

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:17 am

faaniali - bless i used to do that buh i then got annoyed now im taking as each day cums and prayn that they replyed to my email or changed the status online..buh nope nothing.......so im now waiting till 2 months are up then i will bug them lol...how u copin??? when did u get married if you dunt mind me asking

Whats the difference of settlement and non settlement???

maj97

Post by maj97 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:14 pm

safina im soo sorri to hear about the refusal i cant imagine what ur going thru, we applied on the 12th of august and the visa was stamped on the 29th of september and he was called to collect it on the 8th of october (i cant remember whether ive already said this ive been telling EVERYBODY!!!!)
any way hes trying to get a ticket for the 16th but now ive got a another dillema cuz my work are being idiots and not giving me the day of!!
thanku for everybodys kind responses and ofcourse ur prayers.
cutesweetgal xtremly happy for u hope u and the husband hav a great life.
what questions do they ask wen u arrive at the airport??? duz anyone kno???

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:22 pm

@Naz08... I Got married on 29th June in Karachi.. We both love each other a lot and when i come back from office we talk on the phone every single day and she wake me up in the morning for office everyday :)

Its very very hard to cop wid this situation,, imagine someone in love and are legally husband wife but not able to meet because of visa timmings :oops:

I am all set to go to pak to take her back to london with me, but iam just waiting for her passport :cry: I am tellin ya naz,, its toooo hard,, she sometime start crying when she miss me a lot and on eid she was sayin ' i dunno i just want u over here wid me, everybody's husband is wid them' :roll:

Settlement visa = For the dependant of those who are british nationals and after i think 2 years time they can apply for ILR.

Non-Settlement visa = For those who are in UK on HSMP, Work Permit, Etc... and can apply for ILR after 5 years

I've heard that Non-Settlement cases take 5 to 15 days time and Settlement time takes 4 to 8 Weeks :?

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:25 pm

@Maj97,, they'll prob ask questions like whats ur wife/husband name? Address where you are going to stay? When did you got married? From where did you got the visa? [Answer: BHC, Islamabad] ( the question is silly but they do ask sometime, lol) and nothing much...

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:34 pm

faaniali - i honestly know what ur going thru....my hubbi rings me befre i got to bed. and i ring him when he goes to bed.....its hard espes when you leave them after you get married i came back after a month

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:10 pm

@naz,, one month :? i'v been with my wife for 7 days only :cry: anywayzzz
God please giv us more strength and power to cop with this situation. Inshah Allah we and all others who are waiting will get to their destinations soon.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:27 pm

Hello everyone i asked my hubby to go down gerrys international and check for passport as he didnt get any call he went down there today but they said his passport is not there yet its been nearly 3 weeks since his status is ready for collection but still they r not calling they said he should wait for there call i dont know what should we do i hope they call us soon n he gets his visa INSHALLAH n i hope al of u get positive results inshALLAH

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:48 pm

mrsi - they will call you inshahallah, you know they do like to take there time.....buh what i dont understand is if gerrys update the website then they shud have the passport......mm :roll:

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Can someone please tell me what this means if they visa is approved or declined?

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 08 Oct 2008

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:21 pm

@azimscot,, it only gives you the instruction to go and collect the passport but you cannot know from web status if the visa is granted or not but i wish u good luck. Hope ur visa will be there in the passport, inshah Allah

Mr Manchester
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Manchester » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:12 pm

Hey u guys this is my 1st post. I have been reading stuff here since my wife submitted her application on the 17th Sep. Congrats to everyone who have had a positive response and Saf plz remain positive, I remember my sis got her hubbys visa rejected 1st time but they overturned the decision when she faxed them the info they said was lacking. I think you have a month to respond if you believe there is other information that could change their mind(its not same as appeal). Its a lot quicker then appeal or even applying again.
Also my question to people here is we are having problem tracking our application as when we input the ref no QML/170908/*****/* followed by her dob dd/mm/yyyy we get "Invalid Search"
Has anyone else had that problem? If so how did you overcome it?
Thank you in advance for any replys

imi

Post by imi » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi everyone, my wife has applied for a settlement as well through the Gerry's at Islamabad and the status online says "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC...." I don't what OC stands for and how quickly they update their website.
The sad thing is that the Gerry's at Islamabad is closed and they will be reopening it soon. That's what it says on their website . However, they still answer the phone when u fone them. I am concerned about what is gonna happen to those who have applied already through them?

Also I have heard, through the word of mouth, that British High Comm in Islamabad n few other embassies are gonna close for 2 months due to the explosion threats. I don't if it is right cuz the news don't say nothing as such. If God forbid it is right, what is gonna happen to all those who have applied?

Can anyone clarify about these matters plz?

OMG!! it is so hard to marry n leave ur wife soon after marriage. I can't cope without phoning her everyday. lol

I just pray for everyone that Almighty Allah join all those who have applied for a visa with their partners soon and May Allah never ever separate a husband and wife becz they are a must to each other. Aameen!

mamalik1
Newly Registered

Post by mamalik1 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:19 pm

@ naz ONly the website has been updated we dont know if the visa has been granted and im awaiting my wife not hubby!! I applied on 18th aug and the website was updated yesterday she rang them this morning and they said to await the phone call. I hope they dont take weeks to call.
congrats to everyone who got there VIsa's and Safina im sorry to hear you got refused just keep strong inshallah all will be good.

Sunzibad
Newly Registered

Post by Sunzibad » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:26 am

Shukar-Alhamdulillah my wife was granted her visa on 4/10/08, we applied on 2/9/08 - took a month, 23 Working Days! (total of just less than 6 full weeks.)

Not too sure when she can go and collect her passport from Lahore VAC.

I'm so chuffed.

Alham-dulillah, all praise to the Almighty...

I hope you are all Kaam-Yaab Ameen, Suma-Ameen!

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:58 am

Sunzibad, how does your wife know she has been granted the visa, even though she hasn't collected her passport? Did Gerry's tell her. I was under the impression that you can only know if your visa has been granted once u have collected your passport. Pls let me know, as my husbands passport is ready for collection, however, as there is nowhere to collect from, we are waiting for contact from them. But it would be great if there was a way to know if he has got the visa or not, the suspense is so unbearable.... Thanks

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:20 pm

does anyone know where passports are being picked up from in Islamabad at the moment, also is there any number u can call to ask if we can go and collect? other than that call centre that just read out what it says on the website and then state something obvious that u already know???? many thanks

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:07 pm

TKhan - for what everyone is sayn they are picking them up at the old islamabad office.....got wait till they call you again stating what time to come.

Sunzibad - how do you know if your ur partner was granted the visa if she hasnt even picked up the passport?????

mamalik1 - sos for the mistake

Mr Manchester - hey you gota enter the ref number and should be like you applied islamabad or lahore or karachi? were did u submitt it.......its it a settlement or a none settlement 1

faaniali - have faith

anyone else got news