ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bursary and Cash Savings for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DocJabba1
Newly Registered

Meeting the financial requirement

Post by DocJabba1 » Sat May 29, 2021 2:48 pm

Hi all

I'm a student, and am unable to meet the finance requirements using income or savings.

My fiancee's father owns a small limited business in her home country. If I was contractually employed by that business, working remotely from the UK, and following UK employment law, would it be acceptable?

I'm mostly just concerned because of my close relation to the owner of the business.

Thanks a lot!
John

DocJabba1
Newly Registered

Bursary and Cash Savings for Spouse Visa

Post by DocJabba1 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:02 am

In the upcoming academic year (September) I will start to receive a bursary covering my tuition fees and ~£4000 paid in a monthly maintenance grant. Will I be able to use this second part in combination with cash savings in order to meet the financial requirements?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Bursary and Cash Savings for Spouse Visa

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:26 pm

DocJabba1 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:02 am
In the upcoming academic year (September) I will start to receive a bursary covering my tuition fees and ~£4000 paid in a monthly maintenance grant. Will I be able to use this second part in combination with cash savings in order to meet the financial requirements?
Yes, the aspect of the bursary that is NOT to be returned or repaid(grant) in combination with cash savings. Do make it absolutely clear when applying that it is a grand and make reference to the aspect of Appendix FM covering this.

DocJabba1
Newly Registered

Post by DocJabba1 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:06 pm

Thank you so much for your help!

You're a wonder!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:19 pm

DocJabba1 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:06 pm
Thank you so much for your help!

You're a wonder!
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... IZyZKsyY9X

Appendix FM from Pg 37, non-employment income.
Re heck the requirements closer to your application time.