ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COVID TLScontact Centre Supporting Documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kurk29
Newly Registered
Australia

COVID TLScontact Centre Supporting Documents

Post by kurk29 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get some help or clarification from someone in the know or someone who has been in a similar situation.

I am in the process of applying for my Tier 2 skilled worker visa to work in the NHS as a junior doctor. I am an Australian citizen. I completed my studies in Cyprus where I had a student visa (expired in April when I graduated). I am unable to travel back to Australia due to COVID restrictions. I only got my CoS in May. As my student visa expired in Cyprus I left and entered mainland Europe on the 90 day schengen pass that Australians have to move around Europe within a 180 day period. This would give me enough time before starting work in the UK late July.

I am using TLScontact Barcelona to complete my biometrics and visa application. As part of the documents required they asked for 'proof that you are allowed to be in the country you are applying from'. The only documents I have are the stamp on my passport entering Europe and the preflight COVID forms for Spain. I have attempted to contact TLScontact Spain but they do not provide an email or phone number (I've tried) and the UKBVI is not able to give me any advice after calling them or emailing them.

Will this be sufficient evidence that I can apply from Barcelona. During COVID, given the circumstances I'm hopeful that they will allow this as an exception to do my biometrics and provide my documentation from Spain. (I am not a resident of Spain)