ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translate EU work permit??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Josephcost12
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa + previously detained help

Post by Josephcost12 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:55 am

Hi

This forum has been incredibly useful for answering questions so thank you in advance. I have tried to search all over the internet on my question with no avail.

My recently married wife and I have been together for 5 years, she lives in Italy (but is a Argentinian citizen) and I live in the UK, I am a British Citizen, so we have had a long distance relationship the whole time, and mostly travelled to see each other. 3 years ago she travelled too often to the UK (our mistake, though she never got close to the 6 month rule) and was interviewed at the border (for an hour) but eventually allowed to continue in the UK. We understand she had certain stamps in her passport by border force and she was flagged to the system.

Since then we reduced the frequency and she’s entered the UK 4 times since then with no issue. My question is

1. Does this mean that we cannot use the priority service anymore, not sure if we have violated the bold criteria?

• you have been interviewed, detained, or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK or elsewhere, and/or;

2. Is it best for us to explain this interview in our application letter or is it so minor that it is not important?

Thank you
Any help and guidance would be very appreciated

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa + previously detained help

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:26 pm

Josephcost12 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:55 am
Hi

This forum has been incredibly useful for answering questions so thank you in advance. I have tried to search all over the internet on my question with no avail.

My recently married wife and I have been together for 5 years, she lives in Italy (but is a Argentinian citizen) and I live in the UK, I am a British Citizen, so we have had a long distance relationship the whole time, and mostly travelled to see each other. 3 years ago she travelled too often to the UK (our mistake, though she never got close to the 6 month rule) and was interviewed at the border (for an hour) but eventually allowed to continue in the UK. We understand she had certain stamps in her passport by border force and she was flagged to the system.

Since then we reduced the frequency and she’s entered the UK 4 times since then with no issue. My question is

1. Does this mean that we cannot use the priority service anymore, not sure if we have violated the bold criteria?

• you have been interviewed, detained, or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK or elsewhere, and/or;

2. Is it best for us to explain this interview in our application letter or is it so minor that it is not important?

Thank you
Any help and guidance would be very appreciated
1. You can use priority services if it is available in your location.
2. she was interviewed by the border officer and not the police so I do not believe this will appear on police records but it will appear on her immigration records that she was stopped and also she eventually let into the country after that on 4 occasions.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Josephcost12
Newly Registered

Translate EU work permit??

Post by Josephcost12 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:37 pm

Hi

My wife and I are applying for a spouse visa outside the UK. Do we need to translate her Italian work permit visa, it is the standard EU work permit (eu blue card), which is not in English. There's very little on the internet that seems to address this, some say it is not necessary to translate it. Should we have it translated also?

Thanks