ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For how long may I leave Ireland on stamp 1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NewInIreland
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

For how long may I leave Ireland on stamp 1

Post by NewInIreland » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:31 pm

Hello, I was hoping to get some clear answers on time spent outside of Ireland on stamp 1.

My situation: I have recently come to Ireland on a CSEP, and in the process of obtaining my IRP and stamp 1. I do however need to return to South Africa to finalize some affairs and I want to be sure for what amount of time I can go without causing problems upon return / renewing IRP / future citizenship application.
- I will only leave Ireland once I have my IRP card.
- I will continue to work remotely for my Irish employer for the time that I am outside of Ireland.
- I will be back long before the 12 month renewal of stamp 1.

Questions:
- I have read that up to 90 days outside of Ireland being allowed, can anyone confirm this?
- I have read that any absence from the state of more than 2 weeks should be submitted to INIS, is this true?
- Do the same conditions apply for my wife on stamps 1g?

Much appreciated!

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: For how long may I leave Ireland on stamp 1

Post by Vorona » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:33 pm

The negative impacts of long absences from the State, especially on citizenship applications have been discussed on this forum many times. Check the last ten pages and you will find a few topics.

When you are a legal resident, you are expected to live in the State and prove it when renewing your permission. If you want to apply for citizenship in the future, you will have to declare all absences of 6 weeks or more in each year. INIS have means to check this. Bear in mind that you will also be required to provide evidence like bank statements from each year, showing day to day living expenses, and other documents.

NewInIreland
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by NewInIreland » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:13 am

Hi Vorona, thank you for the response!

Yes, I saw posts about the impact of a long absence on a citizenship application and I understand the implications.

I am however hoping to clarify conditions regarding absence from the state while on stamp 1.
- If an absence is longer than 6 weeks, is there a time limit to ensure re-entry is allowed? ( For example, if my wife returns to South Africa for 60 days and then rejoins me, would that be a problem for re-entry or renewing stamp 1? I read 90 days in one post but haven't seen this anywhere else...)
- Am I correct that any absence of more than two weeks should be declared to INIS, e.g. if I go on holiday for three weeks do I need to notify INIS?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:05 am

90 days in any 365 day period.
You do not need to inform INIS if it’s less than 90 days.

NewInIreland
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by NewInIreland » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:24 pm

Thanks for the response!