ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:54 pm

@HariOm,
Was actuually trying to send you a PM earlier.
No, I haven't heard from DoJ either (applied in Nov 2005). When did you apply?

HariOm
Newly Registered

Post by HariOm » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:09 am

Strongbow , am facing same issue regarding sending PMs. I applied in Nov 05 .No updates since June when affidavits were submitted.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:01 am

update: got a letter asking for P21, birth affidavit, payslips and bank statements (applied in may 06).

Funny enough I've already sent them a birth affidavit but it seem to have made no difference!

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:33 pm

ashimashi wrote:update: got a letter asking for P21, birth affidavit, payslips and bank statements (applied in may 06).

Funny enough I've already sent them a birth affidavit but it seem to have made no difference!
Thanks for update Ashimashi.
regards

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:52 pm

ashimashi wrote:update: got a letter asking for P21, birth affidavit, payslips and bank statements (applied in may 06).

Do you remember which week in May 06 you actually applied? If you applied in end of May06 - that would mean that we should see June 06 processing next week at INIS website.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:20 pm

Heybabyy wrote:

Do you remember which week in May 06 you actually applied? If you applied in end of May06 - that would mean that we should see June 06 processing next week at INIS website.
sorry, don't remember!

last man standing
Newly Registered

Post by last man standing » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:08 pm

any one who applied in 2005 got any progress yet?

alica
Newly Registered

Post by alica » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:22 pm

friend of mine applied in Sep 05 - received approval in August 08.
Another one applied in May 05- no reply...
both applied after 5 years residency...
can not see logic in DOJ work...

Persol
Newly Registered

Post by Persol » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 pm

Persol wrote:A friend of mine got his citizenship on 04/09/2008, and believe me all, he applied on 16 April 2007. We applied at the same time.
So, don't believe what INIS post on the website or whatever they tell us on the phone. Another friend of mine was granted citizenship even if he doesn't fulfill the 60 months condition as he was here 1.5 years without a job or permit.

The citizenship process in Ireland is just like a lottery now!

Just asked him what was the secret behind this, he said he seeked the help of his TD !!! So go to your TDs, then!

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:26 am

I had applied in Nov 2005 and I sent them a letter last week. I got the reply from them yesterday
"No decision has been made on your application yet. We will be in touch with you in due course of time regarding your application."

I had asked for a rough estimate on when the decision would be made but this is what I got.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:48 am

strongbow wrote:I had applied in Nov 2005 and I sent them a letter last week. I got the reply from them yesterday
"No decision has been made on your application yet. We will be in touch with you in due course of time regarding your application."

I had asked for a rough estimate on when the decision would be made but this is what I got.
That's a pre-printed letter they send to everyone that inquires, they don't seem to even read the letters you send them. The only way to get a proper estimate seems to be parliamentary questions! So get on to your TD. That way they will have to tell you what stage your application is at.

Did they ever ask you for additional documents? If yes, when was that?

Also -if you don't mind me asking- what country are you from? You don't have to say if you don't want to - just wondering if that has anything to do with it.

immigrant123
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant123 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:20 am

One of my friend got approval this week. He applied on 5th Decmber 2005.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:27 am

@ashimashi

1. Is it okay to ask TDs to raise questions on our behalf--I mean specifically dealing with my application as opposed to a general status on citizenship processing. I wasn't aware of this.

2. Additional documents asked were birth and marriage cert affidavits. This was asked in May 2008.

3. nationality is Indian. I don't think it is such a big issue but I could be wrong!

There is another post afters yours in this thread where a person who applied in Dec 2005 seems to have got his approval, there have also been information given that people how applied in May 2005 have not yet got their decision, so it seems like a lottery system now!!

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:40 pm

strongbow wrote:
1. Is it okay to ask TDs to raise questions on our behalf--I mean specifically dealing with my application as opposed to a general status on citizenship processing. I wasn't aware of this.

2. Additional documents asked were birth and marriage cert affidavits. This was asked in May 2008.

3. nationality is Indian. I don't think it is such a big issue but I could be wrong!

There is another post afters yours in this thread where a person who applied in Dec 2005 seems to have got his approval, there have also been information given that people how applied in May 2005 have not yet got their decision, so it seems like a lottery system now!!

1. Yes. And complain strongly. Mind you, they usually won't do anything. They'll just put the question to the minister and will let you know what stage you're at.

2. You should probably hear from them soon. I think they normally take 6-7 months from the date you send the additional documents in, based on other people's experience.

3. Don't know. Love to find a logic in their numbers, clutching to any straw :)

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:58 pm

Hi folks,

This is from a Parliamentary Question yesterday (published today):

Officials in that section are currently processing applications received in June 2006. Applications are dealt with in chronological order as this is deemed to be the fairest to all applicants. The current processing time for applications for certificates of naturalisation is approximately 28 months.

INIS website still says May.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:35 pm

I think all the date refers to on the INIS website is merely "start" of the processing of citizenship applications. The total length of "processing period" is not clear at all!

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:33 pm

strongbow wrote:I think all the date refers to on the INIS website is merely "start" of the processing of citizenship applications. The total length of "processing period" is not clear at all!
I agree, it certainly looks like that is the case.

But based on ashimashi applying in May 06 and getting a letter recently, I should soon get the letter since I applied in June 06.

Just have to wait and see....

Heybabyy

Logic cum prediction

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:00 pm

As per my analysis (don't ask me how) they now take approx 2 weeks to -- process one month of applications and update the status on website.

My prediction would be that between now (possibly tomorrow) and Friday - they will update the message on INIS website to be "processing June 2006".

Then in 1st week of Nov 08 --> processing July 2006.
Then in 3rd week of Nov 08 --> processing Aug 2006.
Followed by no activity in Dec 08.

bloody foreigner - keep your docs ready to go i.e. 3 sal slips, bank statement ,affidavits and P21.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:35 pm

Observation: It seems that only some people are being asked for P21s and bank statements though all are being asked for birth cert and marriage(if married) affidavits.
My friend had applied in Sep 2005 and he was not asked for P21s or latest bank statements and neither have I been asked for it.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:10 pm

strongbow,

Did you or your friends receive acknowldgement from DoJ?

Thanks,
Ace

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:49 pm

acknowledgement regarding what

greentea

Post by greentea » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:38 pm

Just received approval yesterday through registered post. I applied at the end of Septermber 2005, based on 5 year working permit. Was asked for updated bank statement around beginning of September08.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

3 sal slips, bank statement ,affidavits and P21

Post by mktsoi » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:23 am

some people only asked by the DOJ for affidavits. some has been asked for affidavits with all other documents.

i was wondering. did the DOJ does this based on the person nationality? job? or something else. people want to share their experiences here and tell other people of what they do and and what kind of naturalization application they submitted and where they are from and what documents they have asked by DOJ?

Thx

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:16 am

Congrats greentea :)

That was quite a quick time from asking for documents to approval!

(Still took far too long in total, though)

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:59 am

Congratultions greentea. It is possible that greetea got his LTR recently and Justice Dept might have used all their checks obtained for LTR.

Greentea - When did you get your LTR?
bloody foreigner wrote:Congrats greentea :)

That was quite a quick time from asking for documents to approval!

(Still took far too long in total, though)