ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is London very unfriendly?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MSI GEEK

Is London very unfriendly?

Post by MSI GEEK » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:51 am

I am currently looking for suitable job openings in UK. I have heard from many that London is "extremely unfriendly" and most Londoners very rude. Does your experience say the same? Is London the city to be definitely "avoided" ?

loodk

London is friendly

Post by loodk » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:21 am

Let me share my experince, I've been in London in past (official visits) for some time and the people were very nice in job as well as others living nearby

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:39 am

No it is not true! It is your own feelings!
Kaff

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:59 am

I think London is like any other busy metropolitan city in the world. People are in a rush and under pressure.
With that said, I find Londoners to be pretty nice.
However, I find a lot of crappy vendors looking to rip off the newbies so watch out for them as they can really spoil your day.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:07 pm

Having lived in a similar metropolis - New York City - for a number of years, I find London a very friendly place in comparison. Yet, if you were coming from a socially warm Mediterranean village, you might find London (or many similar cities) a non-caring busy ant-house, where you shouldn't be getting in all the anonymous people's way as they rush about... It would certainly be advisable to at least visit it once before making any long-term relocation plans.

netacct

Post by netacct » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:19 pm

I worked in other towns in UK and recently shifted to London.
To be very honest, you will find Londoners (irrespective of ethnicity) bit rude as compared to other towns.

But its generally true with any big cities in the world like Paris, Mumbai, New York etc.

Just keep an open mind and you will meet nice people as well.

Key is, don't stereotype.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:32 am

We may not be the most polite people around but we rank high on the hygiene and cleanliness scale. see this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... rners.html