ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1G expires during Employment Permit processing time

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

antony99
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Stamp 1G expires during Employment Permit processing time

Post by antony99 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:24 am

Hi all,
I just have concerns about timing for converting my Stamp 1G to Stamp 1. I'm currently working in a company that normally handles Employment Permit application, but from what i last heard from HR is that they haven't start my application for EP. My current Stamp 1G is going to expire on 30th September 2021, and seeing the current process time for EP, it seems that its more likely I wouldn't be able to make it in time before my Stamp 1G expires. In this case do I need to leave the country? Or is there a way to extend my Stamp 1G until the EP is approved? Any advice is appreciated

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 1G expires during Employment Permit processing time

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:26 am

You don’t have to leave while your application is under consideration, but you won’t be allowed to work legally. In reality, a short period is usually fine, although some companies have strict controls which will put you on unpaid leaves; others don’t care.

antony99
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by antony99 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:49 pm

Thanks for your reply, that kinda reduce my worries. Will the Garda flag about my expired Stamp when I'm going to apply Stamp 1? Or will they be ok with it

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:16 pm

Legally speaking, when you go to apply for your new Stamp 4, you are required to produce proof that you submitted your application before your current permission expires. A confirmation email from the officials showing the date they received your application would suffice.

However, this was never ever enforced and I haven’t heard of anyone being asked for a proof like that, leaving alone being refused for this reason. Small gaps are quite common.