ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my home address is different than the council for the ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mervy
Newly Registered

my home address is different than the council for the ceremony

Post by mervy » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:21 pm

Hi,

I received an email saying my British citizenship application is successful. By the time I submitted the application which was about 4/5 months ago, I have chosen the Swindon council for the ceremony location as I was about to move there soon. However, due to personal circumstances, I cancelled moving and I am still in Manchester and will be. However, in the email, it says I need to contact the Swindon Council to arrange the ceremony via the webpage link. I followed a link, and they asked for a postcode however I do not have a postcode in Swindon as my current address is still in Mancheser. (this is the same address that HO have in their records)
I am now wondering if it is possible to change the council for the ceremony from Swindon to Manchester. Or, whether I need a valid address in Swindon in order to attend the ceremony in Swindon. ( when I called someone from Swindon council said that I need an address in Swindon for the ceremony but I am not sure if she's got the correct indormation)
If anyone managed to change council can suggest to me where to email/ call?
or if need an address in Swindon or not?

Many thanks,

Mervy