ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employee Reference Letter stamped True Copy

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mattcannon2
Newly Registered
Mood:

Employee Reference Letter stamped True Copy

Post by mattcannon2 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:36 pm

Hi all,

I am sponsoring my wife for a spouse visa and my employer has given me a reference letter saying my salary, job and type etc etc all good there. My wife has taken objection to the fact my letter has a stamp from HR saying "Certified True Copy of Original Document", as an e-signature due to covid the HR staff are all still at home. It is a digital PDF document, so there isn't any true original so to speak.

My employer is a multinational corporation and almost all the visas they have provided these letters for has been approved, but my wife is adamant that it cannot say that it's a copy on it, but if it isn't stamped then it looks like any tom dick or harry could have written this letter!

Is it acceptable to have an employee reference letter stamped as a certified copy? She is tearing her hair out as she is certain that this will cause it to be refused, even though my employer is highly experienced at supporting visa applications!

Thank you and I welcome any thoughts on the topic.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Employee Reference Letter stamped True Copy

Post by TODMATT » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:39 pm

mattcannon2 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:36 pm
Hi all,

I am sponsoring my wife for a spouse visa and my employer has given me a reference letter saying my salary, job and type etc etc all good there. My wife has taken objection to the fact my letter has a stamp from HR saying "Certified True Copy of Original Document", as an e-signature due to covid the HR staff are all still at home. It is a digital PDF document, so there isn't any true original so to speak.

My employer is a multinational corporation and almost all the visas they have provided these letters for has been approved, but my wife is adamant that it cannot say that it's a copy on it, but if it isn't stamped then it looks like any tom dick or harry could have written this letter!

Is it acceptable to have an employee reference letter stamped as a certified copy? She is tearing her hair out as she is certain that this will cause it to be refused, even though my employer is highly experienced at supporting visa applications!

Thank you and I welcome any thoughts on the topic.
This is not an issue.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

polinaprokofeva1996
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by polinaprokofeva1996 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:46 pm

I have read the home office guidance, indicating that any documents submitted must be original and not copies, so not sure if that letter counts as one. Would appreciate anyone's help!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:37 pm

polinaprokofeva1996 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:46 pm
I have read the home office guidance, indicating that any documents submitted must be original and not copies, so not sure if that letter counts as one. Would appreciate anyone's help!
UKVI no longer accept documents by post which means that supporting documents are available digitally for caseworker to access them easily so therefore originals are no longer required unless caseworker request for them. We have seen tons of people use this letter without any issues.

mattcannon2
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mattcannon2 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:42 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:37 pm
UKVI no longer accept documents by post which means that supporting documents are available digitally for caseworker to access them easily so therefore originals are no longer required unless caseworker request for them. We have seen tons of people use this letter without any issues.
is that the case even if the digital letter has "this is a certified copy" stamped onto it?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:56 pm

mattcannon2 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:42 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:37 pm
is that the case even if the digital letter has "this is a certified copy" stamped onto it?
You are overthinking. This is fine