ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR - Date Mystery & Tricky Application Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faraz37
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 2 to ILR - Date Mystery & Tricky Application Question

Post by faraz37 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:34 pm

Dear Fellows,

My TIER 2 (Skilled Worker) visa expires 10 days before my 5 year "UK Entry date" anniversary

Start date of "Entry Clearance Visa" vignette for Tier 2 : 10th October 2016
First Entry in in UK = 06-Nov-2016
BRP Expiry = 26 Oct 2021 i.e. few days before 5 year anniversary.

I have two questions:

1. What is the earliest but safest time to apply for ILR? Is 30th September OK or should I wait longer?

2. Within the ILR Set(O) application there is a question "Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?", my situation is that I have lived in different countries INCLUDING the UK previously (as a student between 2001-2004). The question says "outside the UK" which, I believe, means I shouldn't be including that period I spent as a student. But at the same time, I am worried that there will be a gap of 3 years showing in the application. Should I leave that gap anyway and not worry about it?

Thank you in advance for your help

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - Date Mystery & Tricky Application Question

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:04 am

1. Within 28 days from completing your 5 years
2. That question is not important.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

faraz37
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faraz37 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:34 am

Dear Zimba,

Thank you for taking your time to reply.

Could you (or anyone else) tell me please if I can calculate 28 days from the expiry date of the BRP rather than the first UK entry date? (please see the dates I mentioned in my original post)

I ask this because the documents I procured i.e. job letter etc. their issue dates will exceed one month. I'm under an impression that they need to be within one month of application date.

Your help in this regard will be very helpful. Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:06 pm

ILR qualifying period starts from the first visa issue date.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

faraz37
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faraz37 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:07 pm

Does this mean I can apply up to 28 days before the 5-year anniv of visa issue date?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:27 pm

Yes

faraz37
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faraz37 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:37 pm

I submitted online application on 1st Oct and did Biometric scan in morning on Mon 4th Oct. I took priority service (i.e. 500 extra per application)

So far I haven't heard from UKVI in any way.

Is this normal?

and in case I do not hear today, will it be helpful to call UKVI tomorrow?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:05 pm

Wait to hear back. Priority fees will be refunded

faraz37
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faraz37 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:55 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:05 pm
Wait to hear back. Priority fees will be refunded
Many thanks Zimba for your help throughout. I received my successful decision today.

Could you kindly guide me per your experience:

1. If I am eligible/entitled to request a refund for Priority fees? (I received decision late by a couple of 'working days') i.e. biometric scan was on Monday 4th Oct (Morning), received decision on Tuesday 12th Oct (Morning). Noteworthy that I did not receive any correspondence in between,

2. Will requesting a refund effect the ILR decision in anyway?

3). Could you also guide me about the process, is it via phone call or specific email?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:04 am

Refunds are issued automatically by UKVI if you qualify. As they did not communicate a delay with you, you should be eligible

faraz37
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faraz37 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:01 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:04 am
Refunds are issued automatically by UKVI if you qualify. As they did not communicate a delay with you, you should be eligible
I contacted UKVI via customer service number, they said I have the right to ask for refund but I should call on 08448920232 and ask them. This turns out to be Sopra Steria number! This seems very strange because I thought the priority fees was something that UKVI had charged not Sopra Steria

Anyhow, I called that number and no one picks up (Literally says 'no agent available'), I've emailed Sopra Steria instead, they replied back with link to an online contact form to raise my query, which I did. Now I wait for a response.

Will let know of the progress.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:03 pm

UKVI does not have a helpline and their phone lines are manned by third parties dishing out rubbish advice. Priority visa service has NOTHING to do with UKVCAS.

faraz37
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faraz37 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:12 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:03 pm
UKVI does not have a helpline and their phone lines are manned by third parties dishing out rubbish advice. Priority visa service has NOTHING to do with UKVCAS.
Wow! I had same feeling when the agent said I should contact "third party" for priority service refund! Didn't seem right.

Would it be possible for you to suggest where can I email? Wondering if you or any Mods have an email address I could email to?

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:17 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:04 am