ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Reunification - Long-Term Residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Moh25ah
Ireland

Family Reunification - Long-Term Residency

Post by Moh25ah » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:59 pm

Hi,
I came to Ireland under the family reunification Act.

I have a question in relation to obtaining a letter that confirms that I have the right to remain in Ireland on a long-Term Residency basis to send it for a loan application as I have been refused because they did not consider my Stamp 4 Card as a Long-Term Residency.

the immigration officer confirms to me that my family reunification status is considered as Long-Term Residency but she can't give me a letter as she is not allowed to issue such a letter.

So I have been advised to contact the Family reunification department, I have sent them an email & they reply to say they forward this email to the relevant staff & I am still waiting for more than 2 weeks.

Anyone knows a quick way to get this letter or any part of any act that I can use to appeal the Loan`s decision as this is the only reason for this refusal??

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Family Reunification - Long-Term Residency

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:08 pm

Just to clear up a bit of terminologies: Long-Term Residency, or LTR, is an administrative scheme for people who obtain residence permits based on work visas. You came to Ireland based on Family Reunifications, so you are not eligible for the LTR scheme. The options available to you are (1) applying for naturalisation after 3 or 5 years, and (2) applying for WCATT after 8 years.

But I get what you mean there. All Stamp 4/5 holders are considered long-term residents. Stamp 4/5 alone should be sufficient for loan purposes. I had a mortgage and 2 separate car loans while I was on Stamp 4 years ago, and did not have any issue with any provider. I don't think anyone had asked for my stamp whatsoever except a quick glance before the full mortgage approval. Who's your loan provider? Have you sought for other options?

Loan companies cannot make decisions based on how you obtained your residence permit. They can only check whether your permit is valid or not. As long as you have a valid Stamp 4, that should be sufficient. I would definitely appeal the decision, and flag to Financial Ombudsman for discrimination if the appeal falls on deaf ears.

Moh25ah
Ireland

Re: Family Reunification - Long-Term Residency

Post by Moh25ah » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:00 am

littlerr wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:08 pm
Just to clear up a bit of terminology: Long-Term Residency, or LTR, is an administrative scheme for people who obtain residence permits based on work visas. You came to Ireland based on Family Reunifications, so you are not eligible for the LTR scheme. The options available to you are (1) applying for naturalisation after 3 or 5 years, and (2) applying for WCATT after 8 years.

But I get what you mean there. All Stamp 4/5 holders are considered long-term residents. Stamp 4/5 alone should be sufficient for loan purposes. I had a mortgage and 2 separate car loans while I was on Stamp 4 years ago, and did not have any issue with any provider. I don't think anyone had asked for my stamp whatsoever except a quick glance before the full mortgage approval. Who's your loan provider? Have you sought other options?

Loan companies cannot make decisions based on how you obtained your residence permit. They can only check whether your permit is valid or not. As long as you have a valid Stamp 4, that should be sufficient. I would definitely appeal the decision, and flag to Financial Ombudsman for discrimination if the appeal falls on deaf ears.
Thanks for your reply.
My mortgage through the council, I told them that stamp 4 is a Long-Term residency but you know when they refuse to listen they just ask for an official letter to support my saying.

So technically I am just looking for any type of form to say that my stamp 4 is a long-term right to remain.

Do you think a solicitor might help on that ? or just wait for the family reunification to back to me about my request?