ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ready for British citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Ready for British citizenship application

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:15 pm

Dear Forum,

I am ready for applying for my citizenship application after waiting 10 years of legal status since i recieved my first dlr in 28 AUGust 2011....

CR001 and many other members have been a real great help to me throughout my applications and have guided me a lot.

I have few questions after i drop my timeline and would be great if these are answered individually as would help clear my queries;

My timeline:
- came to the country 2002 (asylum as a minor)
-given a discretionary leave to remain as a child until i turned 18th (2003 - 2005)
- refused extension in 2007 and went to high court and still got refused
- 3 years Discretionary leave to remain outside immigration rules (Aug 2011)
- extension of the 2nd 3 years Discretionary leave to remain (2015)
-Approved indefinite leave to remain (January 2018)

My questions as highlighted below:

1. Am i on the safe side now in applying for Naturalisation after i got my 1st discretionary leave to remain in Aug 2011 (counting 10 years from then)?

2. I only have Certificate of travel document which expired in 2017 and since then i had no passport. should i scan every single page. or just the pages with my details and country visas?

3. I have just finished a university masters course but just awaiting my grades, do they require the certificate or a letter stating the i have finished and passed my masters course would be sufficient?

4. For the referees can an architect who is chartered sign the referees form? it is a professional job and the requirement for who signs it other than the list they give is not broad.

5. i have P60's dating to 2014. Would that be sufficient to prove been in the country or do i need to show wage slips aswell dating back to those years. I have even requested from the HMRC website the proof of employment history. Do you think this is sufficient?

6. I have requested a subject access from the home office which highlights some information such as landing and whatever they have on me on the system. I believe this would take atleast a MONTH OR 2 to arrive. Is it actually going to help or am i just wasting my time waiting for it.

7. Finally, I have 2 bus lane tickets in my name within the last 2 years. one of them was my brother driving the car and the 2nd was me. Should i mention them?

Thank you in advance for your the information which would be provided

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Re: Ready for British citizenship application

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:41 am

any support please

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Ready for British citizenship application

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:02 pm

Alz3eem2018 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:15 pm
Dear Forum,

I am ready for applying for my citizenship application after waiting 10 years of legal status since i recieved my first dlr in 28 AUGust 2011....

CR001 and many other members have been a real great help to me throughout my applications and have guided me a lot.

I have few questions after i drop my timeline and would be great if these are answered individually as would help clear my queries;

My timeline:
- came to the country 2002 (asylum as a minor)
-given a discretionary leave to remain as a child until i turned 18th (2003 - 2005)
- refused extension in 2007 and went to high court and still got refused
- 3 years Discretionary leave to remain outside immigration rules (Aug 2011)
- extension of the 2nd 3 years Discretionary leave to remain (2015)
-Approved indefinite leave to remain (January 2018)

My questions as highlighted below:

1. Am i on the safe side now in applying for Naturalisation after i got my 1st discretionary leave to remain in Aug 2011 (counting 10 years from then)?

2. I only have Certificate of travel document which expired in 2017 and since then i had no passport. should i scan every single page. or just the pages with my details and country visas? details and visa pages

3. I have just finished a university masters course but just awaiting my grades, do they require the certificate or a letter stating the i have finished and passed my masters course would be sufficient? I believe for English they need the degree certificate.

4. For the referees can an architect who is chartered sign the referees form? it is a professional job and the requirement for who signs it other than the list they give is not broad. Yes - If architect is chartered I expect he's a member of the professional body (RIBA).

5. i have P60's dating to 2014. Would that be sufficient to prove been in the country or do i need to show wage slips aswell dating back to those years. I have even requested from the HMRC website the proof of employment history. Do you think this is sufficient? No proof of employment is required - residency is proven by your Travel Document (normally a passport).

6. I have requested a subject access from the home office which highlights some information such as landing and whatever they have on me on the system. I believe this would take atleast a MONTH OR 2 to arrive. Is it actually going to help or am i just wasting my time waiting for it. If it's for absences you could always put together an estimate and explain in a cover note. An SAR may not necessarily produce the information you need.

7. Finally, I have 2 bus lane tickets in my name within the last 2 years. one of them was my brother driving the car and the 2nd was me. Should i mention them? Disclose.

Thank you in advance for your the information which would be provided
Note cannot comment as to whether you'll be "safe" after the 10 years.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.