ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa refused for second time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Visit Visa for brother from Qatar

Post by jacsll55 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:39 am

I am trying to apply for a visit visa for my brother who works in Qatar so he can visit me and family here in UK during his annual holidays there.
He will be applying at British Embassy in Qatar. What are the possibilities? and what do they require from me?

Thanks

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Error on Standard Visitor application Submitted and Biometrics done

Post by jacsll55 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:08 pm

Error on Standard Visitor application Submitted and Biometrics done on 13th
Just an typo error where the residence permit validity of my brother in Qatar is 21 Oct 2022 but typed 2021 on the form but supporting documents and original passport has the correct date.
Will this be an issue or reason for refusal/query?

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Re: Error on Standard Visitor application Submitted and Biometrics done

Post by jacsll55 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:45 am

Anyway nothing can be done by this typo error and the application has been submitted / biometrics done, will update once we have heard back.

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:09 pm

Got email decision made, the visa was refused.
Will post full details soon.
Letter states no option for appeal, why is that?
The reasons for refusal are just assumptions and can be proved otherwise easily with supporting docs.
What are my options?

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:26 am

EASONS FOR REFUSAL NRA v 1.0

You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... v-visitor- rules), I have considered:
• your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it
• your immigration history

The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 of Appendix V because:

• You have applied to visit United Kingdom for 2 months and 21 days family visit.

• In support of your application you have submitted documents including a bank statement from your sponsor. You say that you intended to spend £2,500 on your proposed visit to UK and that your brother is covering the cost of your visit. I acknowledge that your brother is supporting your trip however it is your own personal circumstances that need to be considered against the Immigration Rules.

• You state that you are a Project Supervisor at xxxxxx Co earning 7,280.00 QAR (£1438.71) per month. You state that you have no income or savings of your own. You have submitted an employment letter to demonstrate your employment however you have not demonstrated that your employer is aware and willing to grant 2 months and 21 days of leave. I am therefore not satisfied that you will continue to be employed as you state once your trip to the UK is over.

• Furthermore, you have submitted a xxx bank statement in your name showing large cash deposits. For example, on 12 September 2021 there is a deposit of 3,000 QAR (£592.88). The source of these deposits is unknown and I am not satisfied that this statement is an accurate reflection of your financial circumstances, further reducing the credibility of your application.

• In light of all of the above, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the United Kingdom or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V4.2 (a) and (c).

Rate of exchange £1 = [4.99591 QAR] (reference www.oanda.com on [21/10/2021])

NEXT STEPS NRA v 1.0

In relation to this decision, there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Visit visa refused for second time

Post by jacsll55 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:57 am

My brothers visit visa has been refused from Qatar for second time, first time it was no leave approval from his employer and questioning some deposits made to his savings account.
We got the letter from employer stating the leave approval and that the job is secure on return and the deposits were explained in detail.
This time the reason for refusal is that I dont have enough money to support him during his visit in UK!!

This is not right.

The letter clearly says not appeal.
Can we do a PAP?
How can we proceed with PAP?

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Re: Visit visa refused for second time

Post by jacsll55 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:07 pm

jacsll55 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:57 am
My brothers visit visa has been refused from Qatar for second time, first time it was no leave approval from his employer and questioning some deposits made to his savings account.
We got the letter from employer stating the leave approval and that the job is secure on return and the deposits were explained in detail.
This time the reason for refusal is that I dont have enough money to support him during his visit in UK!!

This is not right.

The letter clearly says not appeal.
Can we do a PAP?
How can we proceed with PAP?
Have a look at the decision letter, the grammar is totally wrong!!

The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 (a) and (c) and V4.3 (c) of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for
Visitors because: • You have applied to visit the UK for two months and twenty one days to visit your
sister and family. I acknowledge the importance of maintaining family ties and have therefore given
your application careful consideration. In assessing your eligibility for entry to the UK I have
considered your personal and financial circumstances as evidenced by your application form and
supporting documents. • You say that your sister will contribute 12,147.30 QAR (£2,500.00 at an
exchange rate of £1 = 4.85890 QAR; Oanda 28 November 2021) towards the costs of your visit.
However, the supporting information provided does not demonstrate that they are financially able to
fund your visit.
I acknowledge that you have submitted bank statements issued in your sister’s name from ‘HSBC’
which shows a closing balance 11,747.60 QAR (£2,211.72) on 07 November 2021. I note that the
closing balance of your sister’s bank statement is less than your declared expenditure for your
proposed visit to the UK. Based on the information provided, I am not satisfied that your mother has
sufficient funds at his disposal to cover the declared costs of your visit or that it is credible that your
sister would spend all of her savings on your visit to the UK, given that you have stated that she has
dependents.
• Additionally, you do not appear to have any assets of your own. You are single, with no
dependents and are dependent on your sister to fund an overseas trip. Your supporting information
does not demonstrate any other ties you have to Qatar, outside of your purported employment.
On the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated that you have ties to
your home country which would encourage you to leave should you be granted entry to the UK. •
Given the above I am not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor and will leave the UK at the end of
your visit or that your sponsor has sufficient funds available to cover your costs whilst in the UK
without working or accessing public funds. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V4.2
(a) and (c) and V4.3 (c)

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:26 pm

Can someone guide me with PAP procedures please?

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:39 pm

The caseworker did their job correctly to refuse the application because the info your brother provided in his application is contradicting. How can you support £2500 to your brother while the balance in your account is less than £2500?
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:45 pm

jacsll55 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:26 pm
First of all. who visit relatives for nearly 3 months?? Visit is normally for 3 to 4 weeks max. Refusal reasons are correct as they dont take risk to give visit visa to a young person who has no dependens and not have enough money to visit by his own.

It sounds harsh but this is the reality these days. They r not taking any chances.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:19 pm

You may have an observation on incorrect grammar at using mother but that's it. How do you address other points of concern
1. Ties to own country or country of habitual residence
2. No recourse to public funds/availability of funds to sponsor the applicants travels

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:19 am

jacsll55 wrote:
Guidance: Resolve a dispute with the Home Office through the pre-action protocol.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:00 am

ywlgy wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:39 pm
The caseworker did their job correctly to refuse the application because the info your brother provided in his application is contradicting. How can you support £2500 to your brother while the balance in your account is less than £2500?
Sponsor earns £2800 pm after tax payslips for last 6 months was provided

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:03 am

Route to ILR wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:45 pm
jacsll55 wrote:
First of all. who visit relatives for nearly 3 months?? Visit is normally for 3 to 4 weeks max. Refusal reasons are correct as they dont take risk to give visit visa to a young person who has no dependens and not have enough money to visit by his own.

It sounds harsh but this is the reality these days. They r not taking any chances.
Brother has 3 months paid leave from his company due ie 30 days every years not availed for last 3 years.
there's nothing wrong in brother visiting his sister who have not seen each other for last 6 years to stay for 2 -3 months.
not relative it brother = family (I suppose)
by the way bro and sis are orphans
the first refusal did not mention any of this all they wanted is compnay letter about the leave for 3 months that was submitted on second application.

Thank you for your comments

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:06 am

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:19 am
jacsll55 wrote:
Guidance: Resolve a dispute with the Home Office through the pre-action protocol.
Thank you for your response, much appreciated..... will try that process too...
or his sister is planning to travel to Qatar and spend few weeks there.
Is it possible at all myself as a British citizen working for NHS, can I give like a guarantee for his return after the period mentioned in application?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:22 pm

jacsll55 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:06 am
Is it possible at all myself as a British citizen working for NHS, can I give like a guarantee for his return after the period mentioned in application?
Not really. It is for the applicant (your sibling) to show that they have stronger ties to their country of habitual residence than to the UK (via you).

Ironically, having a British citizen family member sponsoring the applicant in the UK weakens a visit visa application, as it heightens the risk that the applicant won't leave.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:32 pm

jacsll55 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:00 am
ywlgy wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:39 pm
Sponsor earns £2800 pm after tax payslips for last 6 months was provided
The sister could spend all 2800 on herself and dependants and have nothing left at month end. From the perspective of caseworker, payslip itself is not convincing enough, certainly not as effective as cash saving!
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:38 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:22 pm
jacsll55 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:06 am
Not really. It is for the applicant (your sibling) to show that they have stronger ties to their country of habitual residence than to the UK (via you).

Ironically, having a British citizen family member sponsoring the applicant in the UK weakens a visit visa application, as it heightens the risk that the applicant won't leave.
Thank you for the advice, have submitted PAP yesterday, will update the outcome.

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:18 pm

UPDATE ON PAP Submitted on 3/12/2021
The Secretary of State has reviewed the decision dated 29 November 2021
and will now proceed to reconsider the matter in light of the representations
you have made. You will be contacted within 3 months of the date of this
letter, absent special circumstances, regarding the outcome of this
reconsideration.

indianVisitor
Newly Registered
India

Post by indianVisitor » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:37 pm

All the best jacsll55, may you get a reversal. Also, keep us informed about the pap updates. Thanks.

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:50 am

jacsll55 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:18 pm
UPDATE ON PAP Submitted on 3/12/2021
The Secretary of State has reviewed the decision dated 29 November 2021
and will now proceed to reconsider the matter in light of the representations
you have made. You will be contacted within 3 months of the date of this
letter, absent special circumstances, regarding the outcome of this
reconsideration.
PAP RESPONSE:
Got the below response yesterday 14/03/202, passport submitted to VFS Qatar today.
Dear xxxx,

RE: UK Visa application GWF06xxx07x

Please note that your visa decision has been overturned.

Please submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre with a copy of this e-mail.

Once we have confirmation that the passports have been received, we will send out a new decision to be endorsed on your passport.

Kind Regards,

Visits UK
Visas & Citizenship, UK Visas and Immigration

indianVisitor
Newly Registered
India

Post by indianVisitor » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:50 am

Congratulations Brother, did you do pap yourself or got a lawyer? if so can you please share what details did you send in pap?

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:58 am

indianVisitor wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:50 am
Congratulations Brother, did you do pap yourself or got a lawyer? if so can you please share what details did you send in pap?
Did PAP on my own see links above posted by MOD Secret.simon

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ial-review

indianVisitor
Newly Registered
India

Post by indianVisitor » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:10 am

Thanks for sharing that, did you send any additional documents for pap or just a pap-letter? if you can share the format or wordings of pap letter that you send I would really appreciate it.

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:35 pm

indianVisitor wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:10 am
Thanks for sharing that, did you send any additional documents for pap or just a pap-letter? if you can share the format or wordings of pap letter that you send I would really appreciate it.
No additional docs required as they have all details from you application. No particular format subjetc differs from case to case, in my case first refusal reason was that there was no leave approval or trip approval from the company, we addressed the reasons in second application that was rejected with a set of new reasons and the refusal letter made nosense as the grammar was wrong at several places a mention of mother was made when applicant's mother is no longer.

We highlighted this is PAP and maybe (NOT SURE) on compassionate grounds they reversed the decision.

What I sent is below but not official matter sent to UKVIPAP@homeoffice.gov.uk
To
Home office
From
NAME (claimant)
Full name of Claimant- NAME
Date of birth-
Nationality-
Address-
Reference Numbers:
The Visa Application Form No. GWFXXX
Type of Claim: Entry Clearance
This pre action protocol performa being submitted within 3 months of
date of action/decision complained.
Substance of claim:
On XXX DATE I have received decision of my visitor visa
application GWFXXXX as a refusal and I am going to challenge this
decision in the court for Judicial review in case if my application does
not reconsider again.
I am submitting this Pre-action protocol letter on 3-December-2021.
I earn XX/Month from a Job as a XX.
I had attached A letter from my employer,A leave approval letter from
the department and along with I have attached my bank statements.

My sister is sponsoring my trip and she earns £XX/Month I have
attached her bank statements, pay slips and invitations letter.
The details of the matter being challenged:
I applied to visit UK for Visiting my Sister in UK,My Sister is
sponsoring my trip to UK including accommodation at her house. In the
Refusal reason ECO stated that my sister closing balance was less than
she was spending on me to come over UK whereas ECO completely
ignored her pay slips Where she earns Average £2600/Month AFTER TAX, NI & PENSIONS, In
refusal ECO mentioned my mother (who passed away) does not have sufficient funds to
support my trip but my sister is sponsoring my trip instead of mother,
this shows that ECO has no attention what he was doing with
application.I have work permit to work in xxx and I work here as
xxx which is enough to prove having strong proof of tie
with the country. Eco also say I don’t have any assets on me however I
have also attached my bank statements to prove that I have regular
income.I believe ECO made mistake understanding my circumstances
and ECO Hasn’t read all my documents.
The issue:
I have received Decision of my application GWFxxxx0 on xx
November-2021.ECO refused my visa stating that my sister doesn’t
have enough funds to sponsor my trip and I don’t have enough assets
on me Whereas the documents I have submitted with the application it
is clearly to see that my sister and me have regular incomes and I am a
permanent resident of Qatar with a permanent job here.
The details of action I want the home office take:
My letter from Employer, work permit, bank statements and my pay
slips of my sister should be read and verify again as there me and my
sister are very capable to support my this UK trip.. It is a slight
misunderstanding by ECO or he has not read all the relevant documents
fully. This issue can be solved reconsidering application again.
I am not breaking any law and seeking entry as a Genuine visitor to visit
my relatives and I am financially capable to afford expenses of trip and
start a normal life back again in Qatar also I need to get back to my job
right after UK trip.
The details of documents that are relevant and necessary:
1.Letter from Employer
2.Pay slips Of Sister
3.Work permit
4.Bank statement