ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirement Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukbusiness2016

Financial Requirement Query

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:12 pm

Hello Mods,

My wife is due to extend her spouse visa next month and we have the following concern:

1. We want to use our savings to meet the financial requirement and want to combine savings in multiple accounts.
A big chunk the savings are held in a stocks and shares ISA with Hargreaves Lansdown. The money in this account is predominantly held as cash as of today and a small sum was briefly invested in an instantly encashable fund. (total savings - £50k)

2. Other savings account - £10k

3. Savings account 2 - We have over 30k in this account as of now but it has not been there for 6 months. We had invested some money for 1 year in 2019 however due to the pandemic we did not get our money back till August this year. Will this be a problem?

4. We have some money held in mutual funds overseas (the money is not locked in and can be converted to cash if needed at any point).

Would it be a sensible choice to use the above method for her visa?

My wife has also been in employment with my brother in laws business however given the nature of their business (retail) they furloughed her earlier this year and will pay her a lump sum of her 6 month salary from April to September on 30th September.
The reason for this was that my brother in laws business still had to meet outgoings and pay suppliers while having no income from the shop and they werent certain if the business would survive if they damaged the supplier relationships.

Her furloughed income also meets the financial requirements but we dont want to be questioned or face trouble due to the nature of the payments.

Any help or advise will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

ukbusiness2016

Re: Financial Requirement Query

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:18 pm

Hello,

Any help with this please?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:40 am

ukbusiness2016 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:12 pm
We want to use our savings to meet the financial requirement and want to combine savings in multiple accounts.
The requirements for cash savings are on p44 onwards of:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

Note that a declaration by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings will be required
ukbusiness2016 wrote:
A big chunk the savings are held in a stocks and shares ISA
funds in stocks and share ISAs can be used subject to the conditions on p 47/48 of the linked document above.
ukbusiness2016 wrote:
We have over 30k in this account as of now but it has not been there for 6 months. We had invested some money for 1 year in 2019 however due to the pandemic we did not get our money back till August this year. Will this be a problem?
these funds may also be allowable, read the para starting Under paragraph 11A(c) on p48 of the linked document
ukbusiness2016 wrote:
We have some money held in mutual funds overseas (the money is not locked in and can be converted to cash if needed at any point).
these funds may also be allowable subject to the conditions on p 11/12 of the linked document in addition to the requirements on p 47/48
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

ukbusiness2016

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:53 am

Priority Application:

Hello, my partners visa runs out on Nov 27, 2021 (we have not been able to apply as yet due to personal circumstances). If we were to apply today, is it possible to know if we can complete a priority application before her expiry?

Alternatively, if we make the application before expiry but our priority appointment is at a date post the 27th, would that be acceptable?

If the above are not recommended, we are okay to make a postal application too although we would prefer a priority application.
Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:49 pm

ukbusiness2016 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:53 am
Priority Application:

Hello, my partners visa runs out on Nov 27, 2021 (we have not been able to apply as yet due to personal circumstances). If we were to apply today, is it possible to know if we can complete a priority application before her expiry?

Alternatively, if we make the application before expiry but our priority appointment is at a date post the 27th, would that be acceptable?

If the above are not recommended, we are okay to make a postal application too although we would prefer a priority application.
Thank you.
Date that matters is the date you submit and pay for your application. Ensure this is done before visa expiry so does not become overstayer.
You can start filling the application long before submission and it can also be done in a day, getting supporting documents in place is where applicants are mindful
If application is submitted before expiration of current leave, appointment can be after date of expiration of current leave and you will be fine.

ukbusiness2016

Post by ukbusiness2016 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:58 pm

Hello,

We have made an application to extend my partners visa (marriage route) based on the cash saving option.

We are submitting the following documentation. Could we please know if we have missed out on anything?

1. My partners BRP
2. My partners passport
3. My partners language test certificate
4. Third party declaration downloaded from UKVI form
5. Evidence of my immigration status in the UK (my passport)
6. Personal bank statements to show cash savings for 6 months
7. Declaration of the source of savings
8. A marriage certificate
9. Items of correspondence addressed to us at the same address over 2 years
10. Proof of property ownership (mortgage statement)
11. Cody of ID document of property owner (my passport)
12. Letter from property owner giving permission to live - my letter
13. Evidence of our childs birth certificate
14. Utility bill to confirm where the childs other parent (i.e. me) lives

Thank you!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:33 pm

ukbusiness2016 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:58 pm
Hello,

We have made an application to extend my partners visa (marriage route) based on the cash saving option.

We are submitting the following documentation. Could we please know if we have missed out on anything?

1. My partners BRP
2. My partners passport
3. My partners language test certificate
4. Third party declaration downloaded from UKVI form
5. Evidence of my immigration status in the UK (my passport)
6. Personal bank statements to show cash savings for 6 months
7. Declaration of the source of savings
8. A marriage certificate
9. Items of correspondence addressed to us at the same address over 2 years
10. Proof of property ownership (mortgage statement)
11. Cody of ID document of property owner (my passport)
12. Letter from property owner giving permission to live - my letter
13. Evidence of our childs birth certificate
14. Utility bill to confirm where the childs other parent (i.e. me) lives

Thank you!
Other than reference to meeting English language requirements which you did not state how or exemption it appears to be in order.