ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sobia K
Newly Registered
Mood:

EUSS Family Permit

Post by Sobia K » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:24 am

Hi all,

My mother in law (Pakistan national) was granted EU Settlement Scheme Family permit in April 2021 and is due to travel to UK in July 2021. I was looking to get some answers for questions that have been bothering me, if you kindly answer them please.

1) once she arrives in the UK and her visa is coming close to expiry date, what is the next stage what is the
name of application that she needs to make and rough estimates of the costs involved.

2) Does she need a TB test to enter the UK, she did submit her for the visa application process. the guidance
on UKBA & HO is not very clear.

3) Other than negative COVID test, does she also need to be vaccinated?

I am trying to make her travel hassle free as much as I can, she will have quarantine in hotel for 10 days which is painful enough (not to mention costs of it), I sincerely appreciate your assistance in the matter.

Regards,

Sobia

kamoe

Re: EUSS Family Permit

Post by kamoe » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:07 am

Sobia K wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:24 am
1) once she arrives in the UK and her visa is coming close to expiry date, what is the next stage what is the
name of application that she needs to make and rough estimates of the costs involved.
She should NOT wait for her family permit to be close to expire to apply for the next thing; she should apply as soon as possible after she arrives in the UK. In fact, she HAS to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme within 3 months of her entry into the UK (in her case, before October 2021).

She simply applies for the EU Settlement Scheme here, she does not have to chose wihch of Settled or Pre-Settled status she applies for, the system will recognize she's only eligible for Pre-Settled Status and will grant her that. The application itself is free, but sometimes there are costs involved to get biometrics enrolled (at least for requesting new biometric cards, appointments vary from £0 to £200, dependent on date and time; not sure if this applies to first-time Pre-Settled status, others can confirm or correct if this is the case).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Sobia K
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sobia K » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:15 am

Hey Thanks for your response, I will make sure she applies for this soon as she arrives. :-)

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:07 am

Sobia K wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:15 am
Hey Thanks for your response, I will make sure she applies for this soon as she arrives. :-)
Hello There.

can you please share the documents list which you guys used for Euss Family permit.

Thanks

Raj238
Newly Registered

Post by Raj238 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:50 pm

Hi,

I am Spanish national. I am in same position, I would like to apply for my mother in law family permit from india at the moment she have 10 year Uk family visitor visa on her passport.

Please can you tell me which documents do I need with the Family permit application.

Thank you.

mishavbif
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by mishavbif » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:31 pm

Hi all,

My mother has applied for the EUSS Family Permit for the first time. Last two years she applied successfully for the EEA Family Permit two or three times, and the waiting times where 3 or 4 weeks.

Does anybody know what are the waiting times for the new EUSS Family Permit? We are worried that it can take longer than the extint EEA Family Permit.

In case of importance, we are applying from Madrid. ¿Is there a possibility to pay for a priority service for this kind of visa?

Regards