ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS online application: family member question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sal911
Newly Registered

EUSS online application: family member question

Post by sal911 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:42 pm

Hi all,

I'm helping a family member with her EUSS application. She arrived in the UK with a EUSS Family permit. Her daughter and her daughters husband (EU family member) are living in the UK with pre-settled status. Her sponsor in this case is her son in law.

On the online application one of the first few questions ask details about the family member. The specific question I need help with is, Who is your family member? The options are:

They are my:
  • Spouse or civil partner
  • Unmarried partner
  • Parent or guardian
  • Grandparent
  • Great-grandparent
  • Child
  • Grandchild
  • Great-grandchild
I'm stumped as to what to tick.

sal911
Newly Registered

Re: EUSS online application: family member question

Post by sal911 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:50 pm

I've gone back a few steps and I have noticed

You can apply based on your current relationship to a family member who was in the UK on or before 31 December 2020.

Your family member must be either:
  • an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
  • a person of Northern Ireland
  • the spouse or civil partner of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, or a person of Northern Ireland
In her case her daughter is the spouse of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen. I was tempted to tick the 'CHILD' option however, her daughter wasn't in the UK before 31st December 2020.

Any advice would be appreciated