ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: ILR Set O - Can't find declaration form?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shay12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR Set O required documents

Post by Shay12 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:13 pm

Hi everyone. I’m in the process of applying for ILR Set O (Skilled Worker route). I just completed the online form and have come to the list of required documents, which is as follows:

• Degree certificate to prove level of English
• Letter from employer detailing reasons for absences
• Declaration to confirm consent for verification checks
• Current and previous passports
• Current BRP
• Evidence of immigration status
• Most recent bank statement and payslip

I was surprised to see there’s no mention of proof of continuance residence or proof of accommodation in the UK. I’d read online (on immigration lawyers’ websites, etc) that I’d need to provide copies of tenancy agreements and bills from the last five years and a letter from my current landlord, but there’s no mention of this in the list of required documents.

Am I missing something? Are these optional documents that I should provide anyway to strengthen my application? Just wondered if others who’d applied for ILR recently had had to provide documents for proof of continuance residence or if I’m being paranoid…

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Set O required documents

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:49 pm

Your problem is relying on random websites dishing out nonsensical advice. Such documents are NOT part of the requirements under the Skilled worker rules. Official UKVI guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-guidance
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:27 pm

Shay12 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:13 pm
I just completed the online form and have come to the list of required documents,
The list is incomplete. You'll need:

*Degree certificate to prove level of English
• Letter from employer confirming that they require you to work for them for the foreseeable future, and you will be paid at least the minimum salary specified in paragraph SW 24.3 of the immigration rules for the foreseeable future.
* KOL test certificate
• Current BRP (which will evidence your immigration status)

The application form will have asked you to list all your absences from the UK and assuming you haven't exceeded the permitted limits you may ask your employer to confirm in their letter those absences and that they were all agreed and approved by them, e.g. annual holidays, sick leave, etc. (provided this is true).
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:15 pm

manci wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:27 pm
The application form will have asked you to list all your absences from the UK and assuming you haven't exceeded the permitted limits you may ask your employer to confirm in their letter those absences and that they were all agreed and approved by them, e.g. annual holidays, sick leave, etc. (provided this is true).
You should ask your employer to confirm your absences in their letter especially if they exceeded 30 working days per year + public holidays.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Shay12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Digital signatures and e-payslips

Post by Shay12 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:36 am

Hi everyone. I'm applying for ILR (Set O) at the end of this month. My company is fully working from home because of Covid and we got rid of our office, so my employer's letters for my application (confirming absences and confirming they intend to keep me on, etc) will be digitally signed on company headed paper. I assume this is okay given most people are wfh these days and everything is online, but just wanted to check and see if this might cause any delays/issues? I'm going to be uploading the documents online myself so I didn't think it would be a problem.

The second thing is that my company only does e-payslips, not physical ones. I was going to download my most recent payslip to submit - do I need to ask HR for a letter verifying that the payslip is authentic? That would be digitally signed as well.

Small thing but it's been weighing on my mind! Thanks all.

Shay12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shay12 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:39 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:49 pm
Your problem is relying on random websites dishing out nonsensical advice. Such documents are NOT part of the requirements under the Skilled worker rules. Official UKVI guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-guidance
Thank you! I guess I was just being paranoid.

Shay12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shay12 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:40 am

manci wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:27 pm
Shay12 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:13 pm
I just completed the online form and have come to the list of required documents,
The list is incomplete. You'll need:

*Degree certificate to prove level of English
• Letter from employer confirming that they require you to work for them for the foreseeable future, and you will be paid at least the minimum salary specified in paragraph SW 24.3 of the immigration rules for the foreseeable future.
* KOL test certificate
• Current BRP (which will evidence your immigration status)

You're correct - and I'll definitely be providing an employer letter explaining absences.

By KOL I'm assuming you mean the Life in the UK test? I didn't get a pass certificate, only a reference number.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Digital signatures and e-payslips

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:24 am

Shay12 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:36 am
Hi everyone. I'm applying for ILR (Set O) at the end of this month. My company is fully working from home because of Covid and we got rid of our office, so my employer's letters for my application (confirming absences and confirming they intend to keep me on, etc) will be digitally signed on company headed paper. I assume this is okay given most people are wfh these days and everything is online, but just wanted to check and see if this might cause any delays/issues? I'm going to be uploading the documents online myself so I didn't think it would be a problem. No problem, acceptable.

The second thing is that my company only does e-payslips, not physical ones. I was going to download my most recent payslip to submit - do I need to ask HR for a letter verifying that the payslip is authentic No, a separate letter not needed, a line in the letter from employer stating payslips are authentic is enough.? That would be digitally signed as well. Acceptable.

Small thing but it's been weighing on my mind! Thanks all.
e-signatures e-payslips acceptable.

Shay12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Absences from the UK

Post by Shay12 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:31 am

Hi all. I’m applying for ILR (Set O) and have compiled a table with list of absences from the UK to include in the letter from my employer. I just had a couple of questions:

I’ve written out a ‘reason for absence’ for each trip, e.g. whether it was annual leave or working from home, but I wonder if I should be more specific. I spent 2-3 months in 2020 and 2021 in my home country using a mix of annual leave and working from home. So I wonder if I should list which days were annual leave and which days were working from home (or how many days were annual leave and how many wfh)? Or should I have my employer add a line in the letter specifying that I was granted permission to work from home from outside the UK? I don’t want to provide unnecessary information but also don’t want my application delayed or affected because of a lack of clarity.

(I should add that my absences are less than 180 days in any rolling 12 month period)

Also – possibly me being pedantic here - for each absence, I’ve listed the day I left the UK and the day I returned, but for ‘number of days spent outside the UK’, I wasn’t sure whether to include the days of travel? For instance, if I left the UK on December 1st and returned December 5th, is that 5 days spent outside or 3 days? Or do I not need to include the number of days at all and the dates alone are sufficient?

Can anyone advise me please?

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Absences from the UK

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:20 pm

No need for reasons to be very specific. Saying holidays is enough. Your employer does not need to mention anything. Also only FULL days outside the UK count so dates of travel will be excluded
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Shay12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Absences from the UK

Post by Shay12 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:46 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:20 pm
No need for reasons to be very specific. Saying holidays is enough. Your employer does not need to mention anything. Also only FULL days outside the UK count so dates of travel will be excluded
Thank you for replying, appreciate it! I'm just a bit concerned because I have so many work from home days outside the UK that my total absences per year come to more than the typical annual leave entitlement + public holidays, so that might raise questions. Hence why I thought it would be prudent to specify...

Thanks for clarifying about full days only being counted as well.

Shay12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

URGENT: ILR Set O - Can't find declaration form?

Post by Shay12 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:14 pm

Hi - I'm just about to submit the online application but I've realised that I don't have the 'declaration signed by me to confirm my consent for the Home Office to request verification checks'. I checked the 'I am the applicant' box in the Declaration section but have yet to see any form that I need to sign and submit with my documents.

Is it this? I found this online but not sure if it's the right one:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Please help!

zimba
Mood:

Re: URGENT: ILR Set O - Can't find declaration form?

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:32 pm

You'll get consent forms after submission

ywlgy

Re: URGENT: ILR Set O - Can't find declaration form?

Post by ywlgy » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:36 pm

To my understanding, the consent form requirement is outdated for some routes but UKVI forgot to remove the question. You have already given your consent for verification checks digitally during the Declaration section, so no need to submit another consent. This is the case for Student and Work routes, not sure if the same applies to Set O.
Proceed as Zimba says, see if a new link pops up or the checklist still asks for the consent form.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.