ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland - First time passport applications timelines -2021

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sugeie
Ghana

Re: Ireland - First time passport applications timelines -2021

Post by sugeie » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:49 pm

I was also asked for more documents. Please can you inbox me details of the solicitor you are using and how much this will cost.

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:20 pm

Exactly same happened to me as well.. If you try to express your disappointment about their inefficiency in decent way as well. Immediately they send out email ask for extra documents to further delay your application. Can't express how much these staffs are cruel to punish ppl for questioning. And still thr r few people here defending the department. Am in as well for filing joint suit against them and their supporter here.

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:40 pm

Discuss with a solicitor. He said these types of response is very common especially with Pakistani, Bangladesh and south Indian people.
He said what we normally do is send them a 7 days notice of explanation about all the delays and when asked about the updates by applicant send them emails asking about silly documents which are not relevant and requirements on the check list. And put the applicants back on 40 working days que after re submiting.
We tell them we will be taking legal action (court case) if not reply in 7 days and normal get an apology response with issuing of passport.
He is asking for 500 for a response in 7 to 10 days.
Can file a combined suite case as well but I think it will take longer. Will meet another one tomorrow will update.

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:18 pm

Shaz4jazz wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:14 am
Smilemee wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:06 pm
Shaz4jazz wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:32 am
Smilemee wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:50 am
Hi guys..
I have a query regarding first time application based on previous refugee status.
Being a refugee I had my travel document which means I have had my identity established and my passport number was already issued. Shall I make an application based on 1st time application ? And what documents would I be required as I don't have my passport neither ID card from home country ?
Yes you have to apply as first time passport as travel document is not a Irish passport.
When you apply online there will be a required list of documents page which you have to provide them.
IE. PPS card copy, birth certificate, proof of address,
Passport of the country of birth (if you have one)
Garda verification form.
If you don't have a passport you can submit a declaration why you don't have one. Same as we submitted for our naturalisation application.
Hope answer the question.
Hi .. thanks brother for your advise.. what about Nicop? Did u submit that one too or made a declaration?
And declaration should be signed by a solicitor or equivalent?
One you tell them you got naturalisation through full refugee status and do not hold any passport I don't think they will ask. Please submit what they ask in the check list
Thanks brother brother advise. I will go to pak embassy today and will try to attest my FRC birth cert before applying..
And for you try to remind them by sending email and we chat.. don't go for legal action brother .. little bit more patient as you are done after this and free to go ..

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:41 pm

Smilemee wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:18 pm
Shaz4jazz wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:14 am
Smilemee wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:06 pm
Shaz4jazz wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:32 am
Smilemee wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:50 am
Hi guys..
I have a query regarding first time application based on previous refugee status.
Being a refugee I had my travel document which means I have had my identity established and my passport number was already issued. Shall I make an application based on 1st time application ? And what documents would I be required as I don't have my passport neither ID card from home country ?
Yes you have to apply as first time passport as travel document is not a Irish passport.
When you apply online there will be a required list of documents page which you have to provide them.
IE. PPS card copy, birth certificate, proof of address,
Passport of the country of birth (if you have one)
Garda verification form.
If you don't have a passport you can submit a declaration why you don't have one. Same as we submitted for our naturalisation application.
Hope answer the question.
Hi .. thanks brother for your advise.. what about Nicop? Did u submit that one too or made a declaration?
And declaration should be signed by a solicitor or equivalent?
One you tell them you got naturalisation through full refugee status and do not hold any passport I don't think they will ask. Please submit what they ask in the check list
Thanks brother brother advise. I will go to pak embassy today and will try to attest my FRC birth cert before applying..
And for you try to remind them by sending email and we chat.. don't go for legal action brother .. little bit more patient as you are done after this and free to go ..
Getting Irish citizenship through naturalisation is a privilege not a right but applying for Irish Passport after getting naturalisation is a right they can not monkey around their burden of backlogs through these silly documents request which are not even mentioned in their checklist or require documents booklet when applying.
I know a few people exactly in the same situation on this forum gone through solicitor notice and got their passport in one week. That proverb 'might is right' exactly fit in this situation.

Sheh1984
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sheh1984 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:42 am

Hi All. I applied for my children's first Irish passport in first week of July. Its been over 3 months it still says processing application. I am planning for a holiday in early November but don't know how to get in touch with passport office. I have tried their phone line it's always busy and their webchat is always down. Thanks.

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:55 pm

Sheh1984 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:42 am
Hi All. I applied for my children's first Irish passport in first week of July. Its been over 3 months it still says processing application. I am planning for a holiday in early November but don't know how to get in touch with passport office. I have tried their phone line it's always busy and their webchat is always down. Thanks.
Webchat is not always down keep trying.
Best time to catch up is 9:00
Try to keep refreshing from 8:59
Hopefully you will get them

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:55 pm

Sheh1984 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:42 am
Webchat is not always down keep trying.
Best time to catch up is 9:00
Try to keep refreshing from 8:59
Hopefully you will get them

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:04 pm

Update regarding a friend.
Expected date 12 Oct
We chatted today and was told that it is being processed. He went after them and some remarks about their performance. With in one hour he got the email asking for further documents. IE nicop, FRC.

Today's update.
He web chated with them again.
And complaint about their in justifyable requirements. And asked them to give them the details of someone so he can send a legal notice to them through solicitor. He was asked for his mobile number so that a superior can call him. He gave the number and got a call and apologies for the delays and was told we are very busy and backlogs. My friend told them that this is not acceptable as these requirements were not on his checklist and you people are gaining time and we are suffering because of it. The lady on the phone gave his name and told him send me the documents asked and I will personally look after your application. And you will not be put in the que and their is no need to involve a solicitor. Guys what's your thoughts

Joogoduniya
Pakistan

Post by Joogoduniya » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:50 pm

Shaz4jazz wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:04 pm
Expected date 12 Oct
We chatted today and was told that it is being processed. He went after them and some remarks about their performance. With in one hour he got the email asking for further documents. IE nicop, FRC.

Today's update.
And complaint about their in justifyable requirements. And asked them to give them the details of someone so he can send a legal notice to them through solicitor. He was asked for his mobile number so that a superior can call him. He gave the number and got a call and apologies for the delays and was told we are very busy and backlogs. My friend told them that this is not acceptable as these requirements were not on his checklist and you people are gaining time and we are suffering because of it. The lady on the phone gave his name and told him send me the documents asked and I will personally look after your application. And you will not be put in the que and their is no need to involve a solicitor. Guys what's your thoughts
Brother, It is my opinion, Ask your solicitor and send them a letter. Passport office is just buying time.
I'm just waiting for my timeline i.e. 12th November. If they ask me anything, my solicitor will respond to them.

gaurav_s
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gaurav_s » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:16 pm

My full timeline below for reference:

First Time Passport Application
Online Application submitted on: 11th August 2021
Documents received on: 16th August 2021
Status changed to "Processing Application" : 17th August 2021
Estimated Issue Date : 19th October 2021

Status Changed to Printing:19th Oct 2021
Passport Book received: Waiting
Passport Card printing: Waiting
Passport Card received: Waiting
Original Documents : Waiting

gaurav_s
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gaurav_s » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:33 pm

gaurav_s wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:16 pm

Passport Book received: Waiting
Passport Card printing: Waiting
Passport Card received: Waiting
My passport status changed to Printing on exact issue date. Between "Processing Application" and "Printing", I had contacted Passport office over chat . The status information given to me varied from one liner "Still processing. " to some detail status like "We are scanning applications recieived in First week of August and your application will be picked up in a week time", "Application is scanned and waiting for document verification. As of now all looks good and application should complete processing in time. But keep an eye on email for any extra document requested for".

Couple of my friends also got "Passport Printing" status update on issue date. My observation from reading the posts and own experience is that unless they ask for any extra documents and if all the documents given in checklist are submitted, application is being processed in time.

Dodi412
Ireland

Post by Dodi412 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:19 am

Anyone heard anything from the passport office recently?

Is the turnaround for first time application still 40 days even after the 22nd of October??

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:34 am

Dodi412 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:19 am
Anyone heard anything from the passport office recently?

Is the turnaround for first time application still 40 days even after the 22nd of October??
Why what's about 22nd October?

amstillwaiting
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by amstillwaiting » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:40 am

My target date is tomorrow and it's more than 40 business days since documents were received. Chatted in last week at 40 days and was told that my application was progressing through the system and there were no issues at the moment. If my status doesn't change tomorrow, I'll chat in again and ask for an update.

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:02 am

That's really pathetic of them and their system .. I know somebody was saying that they are waiting for 1 year to get their passport since 2020 .. that's sick of the system .. idk when they will make things really swift smooth for citizens or their immigration system

gaurav_s
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gaurav_s » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:51 am

gaurav_s wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:16 pm

Passport Book received: Received on 21 Oct 2021
Passport Card printing: 21 Oct 2021
Passport Card received: 26 Oct 2021

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:05 pm

Joogoduniya wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:50 pm
Shaz4jazz wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:04 pm
Expected date 12 Oct

Today's update.
Brother, It is my opinion, Ask your solicitor and send them a letter. Passport office is just buying time.
I'm just waiting for my timeline i.e. 12th November. If they ask me anything, my solicitor will respond to them.
Current status of my friend:
He sent the required documents last Thursday. Changed issue date on tracker to 29/12/2021.
Got a call from a private number saying that they got the documents. And his timeline will be 40 working days again. And told him that they also got the solicitor letter and it will not make any change on his issue date as they are having a huge backlogs and less staff. So please don't waste your energy and money on solicitor. And when my friend ask him to email me the same thing or send me in writing the guy say I am telling you here and hang up.
Guys what's going on I am very surprised by this behaviour. I also send my documents last week and was thinking to send them a letter through solicitor.

amstillwaiting
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by amstillwaiting » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:55 am

If you can, I'd still go with the solicitor. Huge backlog and fewer staff are not a valid excuse anymore. Most of businesses are working normally so it's their problem to sort out their mess. Going to the back of the queue after already waiting for 2 months is absolutely ridiculous.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:41 am

My status bar dropped from % 80 den %60 after estimated date.
Looks like it is an automatic thing

alex98uk
Chile

Post by alex98uk » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:59 pm

alex98uk wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:29 am
Updating:
Updating:

Online application: 24th May 2021
Documents received: 11th June 2021
Status changed to 'processing': 14th June 2021
Estimated issue date: 16th July 2021
Awaiting documentation: 19th August (witness couldn't be contacted)
Resubmitted: 24th August
Received identity documents back: 31st August
Status changed to 'processing': 5th September 2021
Estimated issue date: 8th November 2021

Printing: 1st November 2021 (Passport)
Dispatched: 1st November 2021 (Passport)
Printing: 2nd November 2021 (Card)

Seems like everything was done. They called my witness for about 30 seconds and then it was sorted.

amstillwaiting
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by amstillwaiting » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:31 pm

Statusquo73 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:41 am
Mine too and it's now been one week over the target date...

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:54 pm

amstillwaiting wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:31 pm
Statusquo73 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:41 am
Mine too and it's now been one week over the target date...
Only good thing is that they have requested any additional document.
I hope we hear back from them soon.

alex98uk
Chile

Post by alex98uk » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:22 am

alex98uk wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:59 pm
Updating:

Online application: 24th May 2021
Documents received: 11th June 2021
Status changed to 'processing': 14th June 2021
Estimated issue date: 16th July 2021
Awaiting documentation: 19th August (witness couldn't be contacted)
Resubmitted: 24th August
Received identity documents back: 31st August
Status changed to 'processing': 5th September 2021
Estimated issue date: 8th November 2021

Printing: 1st November 2021 (Passport)
Dispatched: 1st November 2021 (Passport)
Printing: 2nd November 2021 (Card)
What is the status with posting? Mine passport was sent on the 1st, but not received any update or tracking via email.

Does it just turn up, or do I get a tracking number? Which courier delivers?

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:25 am

Online Application : 23/07/2021
Documents received : 29/07/2021
Estimated Date : 01-OCT-2021

Additional Documents requested: 02-OCT-2021
Additional Documents Received: 08-OCT-2021
New Estimated date : 10-DEC-2021

I asked web chat whether documents are scanned. usually they respond not yet. Today they did not respond.
She replied "Your application is progressing Well". I don't know what is well here. Again I asked whether it is scanned. She replied same. Anybody got this type of reply as "progressing well" . Anything to be optimistic here