ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Delays following confirmation of address

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DAFL
Newly Registered
Ireland

Passport Delays following confirmation of address

Post by DAFL » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:35 am

Hi,
I have applied on 25 May and last week (12 Oct) I received a call to confirm that my correspondence address for the return of the passport was the same as the one in the application.

I confirmed and was told that they were posting on that day via registered post and that I should receive it by the end of the week (15 Oct).

To date (21 Oct), I still have not received the passport or any post from them. There is no number to contact them (that I am aware of) but I emailed them; no response yet (could be waiting a while for a reply anyway). They have not provided me with a tracking number on the call or via email either (not sure if they provide this normally anyway).

Has anyone experienced this before? Concerned they (or an post) have misplaced my passport, which isn’t ideal - or maybe, they just haven’t posted yet?

Thanks!

raj4u
Newly Registered
India

Re: Passport Delays following confirmation of address

Post by raj4u » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:52 pm

Hi,

I am in the same boat. Applied June 8th, received an email on the 13th for passport return. Nothing till date, I have emailed as well to ask for tracking number or just updates for what happened after 13th, but no replies (considering there were no replies in August/September for an update on my application I had no hopes for a reply tbh).

Even tried calling the post to check (out of desperation) obviously without tracking it wont work. But nothing at all to this minute.

Really frustrating and odd to see this level of delay even after confirmation. Considering the date range for which we received our updates for, I also wonder if they have really released the passports at all.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:00 pm

Are you talking about passport application or something else?

raj4u
Newly Registered
India

Post by raj4u » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:06 pm

Citizenship Application and post confirmation of address (call/email) for return of original passports submitted along with citizenship application.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:13 pm

For citizenship applications, the return of passports are sent out in batches (likely once every 1-2 weeks, but may be longer), so delays are expected.

If you are unlucky, you may need to wait for 3-4 weeks before it can be sent out, and then you wait for another day or two to receive it.

Staff who called or emailed you to confirm addresses should know better, but I guess they either just have a template answer for everyone, or they simply don’t care.

I wouldn’t bother sending anything to their email unless you haven’t received your passport after at least 3 weeks.

raj4u
Newly Registered
India

Post by raj4u » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:31 pm

Thanks for the information.

It's just that, based on the timelines posted for applications in 2021 people were receiving their passports mostly in a week, most of cases within couple of days. It seemed bit unusual delays for some of us who received(call/email) around 12th/13th October . But anyway, guess have to wait and watch. Thanks.

cidaopapito
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by cidaopapito » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:13 pm

I sent my passport with my Form 8 and all the documentation required on the 22nd of July and my passport has not been returned yet. Starting to be worried.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:38 pm

cidaopapito wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:13 pm
I sent my passport with my Form 8 and all the documentation required on the 22nd of July and my passport has not been returned yet. Starting to be worried.
If you read the first two posts in this thread, you'll see that applicants from May/June are only starting to receive phone calls about passport returns. You are still 1-2 months away.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:41 pm

raj4u wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:31 pm
Thanks for the information.

It's just that, based on the timelines posted for applications in 2021 people were receiving their passports mostly in a week, most of cases within couple of days. It seemed bit unusual delays for some of us who received(call/email) around 12th/13th October . But anyway, guess have to wait and watch. Thanks.
I think you misread the posts. I just read it now. Most if not all people who applied in summer will have to wait for 3-5 months before the passport is returned.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:51 pm

My passports was come back in 3 weeks after phone call and 6 month after sending the application.
So be patient, the delay is really huge.
The other things was the wrong street name in the letter.
It was partly replaced to the other similar word in the address line.
This happen even thru they call me to confirm the correct addresses from the form.
It should be simple to copy past it from the application together with postcode, but it wasn't done.
I'm really surprised how smart was our postman to guess the correct address without postcode!
So, only luck is our hope here, nothing is working correctly.

mads32
Ireland

Post by mads32 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:49 am

For me it took around 20 days from getting the email to confirm the address to actually get my passport back and that was earlier this year when things were a bit faster. You won't get a tracking number but the post man will ring your doorbell to make sure you are there to receive your passport.

DUBEG
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by DUBEG » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:15 am

Glad to hear you guys got it, thanks for sharing the story so people know what to expect.

Really careless of them to treat peoples passport like this.

blitzy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by blitzy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:13 pm

mads32 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:49 am
For me it took around 20 days from getting the email to confirm the address to actually get my passport back and that was earlier this year when things were a bit faster. You won't get a tracking number but the post man will ring your doorbell to make sure you are there to receive your passport.
In the email you got from Citizenship office to confirm the address, was there a subject? My friend got one with the subject `NO SUBJECT`

vzlanfrog
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by vzlanfrog » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:29 am

"Address Confirmation" from CitizenshiprocessingteamXmailin at justice dot ie

team X is the letter of your team (A, B, C, D, E...)

blitzy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by blitzy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:06 am

Thanks vzlanfrog, did anyone else get the same subject line in confirmation email?

professor_007
India

Post by professor_007 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:31 pm

I received my passport back on 5th Nov even though I got an email to confirm the address on 26th October itself. Took 10 days.

Based on the dates on the acknowledgment letter (26th Oct), fee receipt (Lodgement week 29 Oct), and the tracking details on AnPost (04 November 2021 14:21 We have your post in TIPPERARY D.S.U., CO TIPPERARY), there is a delay of 9 days from the time it was processed and was sent out in the post.

It seems like they send out the passports in batches, probably weekly or when they have accumulated enough to process all of em at once.

I think this is not a great process as this will lead to people panicking when they don't get theri passport even after a week of getting a call/email and waiting for it for 4+ months. They at least should send out on daily basis.

So yeah anyone who is waiting for it, don't panic, wait for around 10-15 days and if you still haven't received it then you better reach out to them. Let's hope this all will change soon