ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry visa to India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vivekskuk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Entry visa to India

Post by vivekskuk » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:36 am

Hello

My son has got an Entry visa to travel to India for 1 year from March 2020 to March 2021. We reside in the UK

I am the father who is a British citizen and an OCI card holder and the mother is an Indian passport holder

I believe he can travel in current times even though India is red listed as his mother has an Indian passport and is of Indian origin

My second question is a bit unclear for me and that is whether he needs to buy a return ticket before he departs? I want to buy a single ticket as times are uncertain and wouldn't want to lose money if we need to change flight dates.

Will we face any issues if we buy a single ticket for him in immigration? Is it a legal requirement for an Entry visa that we need a return ticket? Note-this is not the same as tourist visa. Entry visa is given when one of the parents is of Indian origin and holds an Indian passport or is an OCI cardholder

Many thanks

Vik

vivekskuk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Entry visa to India

Post by vivekskuk » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:27 am

Apologies just realised got the visa dates wrong, it is from March 2021 to March 2022

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:30 am

vivekskuk wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:27 am
Apologies just realised got the visa dates wrong, it is from March 2021 to March 2022
e-Tourist Visas to India are currently suspended. It means you cannot use this visa (even though it is valid currently) for travel to India.

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:31 am

The only option is to apply for OCI or use one of the available visas like Business (not applicable for Minors) or medical visa.

vivekskuk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by vivekskuk » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:00 pm

So maybe i wasn't clear enough or didn't explain clearly, but he does not have a e-tourist visa. I am aware it is suspended.

He has a visitor visa i.e entry visa which is granted if one of the parent has an Indian passport and of Indian origin or one of the parent has an OCI.

Therefore i believe the visa was granted this year in March 2021 even while there were restrictions in travel . I just wanted to clarify whether this was possible and I believe he can travel under this visa

The question i am still unclear on is whether he needs to buy a return ticket as he is a British citizen and therefore will it get questioned when going through immigration/customs. We want to purchase a single ticket as due to these uncertain times and possibly a third wave it will give us flexibility

thank you

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:04 am

vivekskuk wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:00 pm
So maybe i wasn't clear enough or didn't explain clearly, but he does not have a e-tourist visa. I am aware it is suspended.

He has a visitor visa i.e entry visa which is granted if one of the parent has an Indian passport and of Indian origin or one of the parent has an OCI.

Therefore i believe the visa was granted this year in March 2021 even while there were restrictions in travel . I just wanted to clarify whether this was possible and I believe he can travel under this visa

The question i am still unclear on is whether he needs to buy a return ticket as he is a British citizen and therefore will it get questioned when going through immigration/customs. We want to purchase a single ticket as due to these uncertain times and possibly a third wave it will give us flexibility

thank you
Hi

I could get some information about your travel on visitor visa in gov.uk website. I am pasting only that content and the link. Please explore the links they have mentioned. In brief, you are permitted to travel on the visitor visa. I would still encourage you to call up HCI London and confirm before you book your tickets. Regarding return tickets, yes, you may be questioned as the minor is travelling on a limited term visa and not a life long visa like OCI. You could as well block the return flight and cancel when you are in India.

Below are the details:
URL: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

Content relevant to you (refer to VISA section)
"The Indian Ministry of Home Affairs has issued new guidelines permitting all OCI and PIO card holders to visit India. All other foreign nationals intending to visit India may visit on any visa except for a Tourist Visa, which still has not been re-instated. For information categories and process, visit the Indian Bureau of Immigration website."

Hope it helps. Safe journey!

Thanks

durga

Post by durga » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:31 am

I am also in the same boat, I am Indian citizen, my daughter has British passport we have applied for Entry visa. Did you travel to India with Entry visa? How long it took you to get the Entry visa?

donblount

Post by donblount » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:34 am

Entry visa gets approved in 2 days. But there is normally 2 weeks wait time to get an appointment

durga

Post by durga » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:55 am

Today got my daughter's Entry visa, it took us 2 weeks 2 days.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:28 pm

durga wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:55 am
Today got my daughter's Entry visa, it took us 2 weeks 2 days.
is it an e-visa or do we have physically go somewhere to get it?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:55 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:28 pm
is it an e-visa or do we have physically go somewhere to get it?
To the best of my knowledge, entry visas require physical paperwork and a visit to the VFS center responsible for your residential area.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.