ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application through Priority Service – No Update for 3 Weeks

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

clin4w
Newly Registered
China

Application through Priority Service – No Update for 3 Weeks

Post by clin4w » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:43 am

Hi all, I’m new to this site. I have had a look around and did get some helpful information about the timeline of different cases. I could see that there has been some delay with some of the applications, however I still think my case takes far too long so hope I could ask for some opinions here.

I applied to switch from Tier4 student visa to skilled worker visa, together with my wife as a dependent. The application was submitted on 29 Oct 2021, and I attended the UKVCAS appointment on 30 Oct 2021 to enroll biometric information. I applied through the priority service, but unfortunately it has been 3 weeks without any update from UKVI, neither notice of decision nor notice of delay.

- I do check my junk mailbox everyday, and I can confirm that I have received nothing.

- I have checked the “right to work” webpage, and my current BRP information is still valid.

- I have got in touch with UKVCAS, and they confirmed that my information had been submitted to UKVI.

- I tried to call UKVI, but cannot get a real staff to answer. As long as I chose “from inside UK”-“application pending a decision”, the robot would say “due to high volume of application we are very busy at the moment. We can assure you the application is still being processed and there is nothing we can do now”, and end the call automatically.

I’m really getting worried now :( . I understand that there could be delay due to the situation, or maybe my application is not straightforward (I think it should be though), but even an email notice suggesting the delay would relieve me a lot. May I ask if there is a proper way to get in touch with UKVI to make them aware about this case? It seems that they are not taking written mails, shall I submit a complaint directly? Any advice would be highly appreciated. Many thanks!

anupraw86
Newly Registered

Re: Application through Priority Service – No Update for 3 Weeks

Post by anupraw86 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:12 pm

Hi, Did you receive the decision on your application ? I gave my biometric on 6th Dec,2021 (Priority service) for Skilled Worker. It is more than a month now and I still haven't received any update from UKVI. I am unable to reach any UKVI representative on call like you. Even raised an email complaint with UKVI and got the auto reply that they will respond back within 20days.