ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake after mistake by home office

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jackson2004
Newly Registered

EUSS Family Permit

Post by Jackson2004 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:16 pm

My wife has recently applied for an EUSS family permit for my wife to join me in the UK. This application was rejected on the basis that although I demonstrated for three years that I had been employed in the republic of Ireland, I failed to provide enough evidence that I was employed for the three months immediately before my application.

I am unsure on whether to submit a new application or appeal the existing application. I have additional evidence including Payslips covering the three months previous to my application. But as someone who recently changed to a director of an own limited company the evidence I have since is a little less substantial, although I do have invoices and Payslips.

I am very concerned that processing times for the existing application took 6 months, and I have been informed that appeals take 6 months also. This has the net effect of potentially resulting in us missing the April 2022 cutoff deadline. I understand that after the Apri 2021 EEA family permit deadline existing applications are being rejected even on successful appeal on the basis that the family permit route was closed, and I am worried that might happen with the EUSS family permit route also.

Any advice be greatly appreciated.

Jackson2004
Newly Registered

Re: EUSS Family Permit

Post by Jackson2004 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:11 am

Does anyone know if you can reapply with further evidence at the same time as pursuing an appeal via first teir tribunal under the EUSS family permit? And whether or not the EUSS family permit will close on the same date as the EUSS in April 2022?

Jackson2004
Newly Registered

Mistake after mistake by home office

Post by Jackson2004 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:16 pm

My wife's EUSS family permit to join me in returning to the UK was rejected as the decision maker overlooked key pieces of evidence that was exactly in line with the guidance notes. On making a complaint my wife received an email informing her that the decision was overturned and to return to the visa processing center with her passport to be endorsed. The member of staff at the visa processing center informed her that her passport would be returned in 1-2 weeks.

On this basis we have both resigned from our existing job, given our notice to our landlord, and I have found employment for a company in the UK which I intend on taking up in four weeks time. After a further month our passport still hasn't been returned, and after lots of attempts to find further information it seems like there is no reference of her decision being overturned on their system!

This has been escalated but I was told it could take 20 days for a response. Emails to all channels prove silent. Due to the gravity of the situation this is extremely distressing and if in 20 days this isn't resolved then it has the potential to cost us significant sums of money, and cause a great deal of trouble for us. My wife has already been deprived of her passport for nearly 8 months and which have caused us to miss significant life events.

Does anyone have any advice on what can be done that may expediate a solution?

Thanks