ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visiting visa - bank statements

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pammm
Newly Registered

Parents visiting visa - documents needed

Post by Pammm » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:44 pm

Hi all,

I would like to invite my parents to UK for a duration of 3-6 months but since this is for the first ever time I am inviting I need some help/advise. And my parents are not working. So, my question is how to show funds for them?

I have a spouse visa and my husband is a british citizen. Please suggest what kind of documents I can produce to prove that they will return back to home country after visiting me?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Parents visiting visa - documents needed

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:20 pm

Pammm wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:44 pm
Hi all,

I would like to invite my parents to UK for a duration of 3-6 months but since this is for the first ever time I am inviting I need some help/advise. And my parents are not working. So, my question is how to show funds for them? If you and or husband are sponsoring them, then you need to show enough funds and or your income sufficient enough to take care of their stay without them becoming public charge. Provision may have to be made for their health insurance as they won't have access to free healthcare.

I have a spouse visa and my husband is a british citizen. Please suggest what kind of documents I can produce to prove that they will return back to home country after visiting me? Are they retired and receiving for this, property/house/landed property documents, other siblings in home country.

Thanks

Pammm
Newly Registered

Parents visiting visa - Financial requirements

Post by Pammm » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:56 pm

Hi all,

We are applying for my mom and dad visiting visa, currently I am on a dependant visa and my husband is a British citizen.
So, my question is regarding finance requirements.
We( me and my husband ) will be taking responsibility for funding the trip ( we will have our 6 months bank statement / payslip), we have enough money in our account to facilitate the trip.
Do we have to show funds in our parents accounts?
Actually, at present, they don’t have sufficient amount in their accounts.
We will be sharing property documents, which will prove their ties to india, which proves they will go back.
Also we will have sooner letter stating that we will take the total responsibility financially for this trip.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Parents visiting visa - Financial requirements

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:10 pm

Pammm wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:56 pm
Hi all,

We are applying for my mom and dad visiting visa, currently I am on a dependant visa and my husband is a British citizen.
So, my question is regarding finance requirements.
We( me and my husband ) will be taking responsibility for funding the trip ( we will have our 6 months bank statement / payslip), we have enough money in our account to facilitate the trip.
Do we have to show funds in our parents accounts? :twisted: No
Actually, at present, they don’t have sufficient amount in their accounts.
We will be sharing property documents, which will prove their ties to india, which proves they will go back. There should be more than just properties to show ties to home country, other children, business, getting pension, extended family and friends.
Also we will have sooner letter stating that we will take the total responsibility financially for this trip. Letter of invitation and sponsorship.

Thanks

Pammm
Newly Registered

Parents visiting visa - bank statements

Post by Pammm » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi all,

We are applying for our parents visit visa, got a question.
My husband is sponsoring the trip, so his latest bank statement will be around a week old, should that be ok or will it cause an issue?
For example: We got the vfs appointment on 21st of this month December, but the bank statement is still 15th of December. So it’s like a week old one.
Now, he is outside uk, so it’s hard to get a latest statement printout copy with stamp from the bank.

It would be great if someone can help me out.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Parents visiting visa - bank statements

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:00 pm

Pammm wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:30 pm
Hi all,

We are applying for our parents visit visa, got a question.
My husband is sponsoring the trip, so his latest bank statement will be around a week old, should that be ok or will it cause an issue?
For example: We got the vfs appointment on 21st of this month December, but the bank statement is still 15th of December. So it’s like a week old one.
Now, he is outside uk, so it’s hard to get a latest statement printout copy with stamp from the bank.

It would be great if someone can help me out.
A week old statement is alright and online statements accepted.