ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exit permit for British citizen children born in India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

silk route

Exit permit for British citizen children born in India

Post by silk route » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:31 pm

Hi Bob,

I really need your help on Indian exit permit issue.me and my family including New born kids didn't allow by mumbai immigration officer to board on flight because they were asking exit permit for my kids who born in India but British passport holder.

Could you please advise what's the exact requirements for such case.me and wife both are British passport holder with OCI. kids born in India and later I have applied for their passport from india.

Cheers
Silk route

Pixie111
Newly Registered
India

Re: Exit permit for British citizen children born in India

Post by Pixie111 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:04 am

Hi silk route,

Did you manage to get the exit permit sorted. I am in the same position, have applied for my childs british passport from india and want to take him back to UK.

Please can you help with the procedure you followed and how long it took. Did you also apply for a visa separately?

Thank you

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:22 pm

I have split these questions, which related to Exit permits for British citizens children born in India, from the original thread, which was about CoE-RoA for children in similar situation, as that is a separate question.

I have also moved this thread to the Other Countries forum as the issue is not about British citizenship, but about Indian immigration & emigration law.

I'll cc @Bobthemoggie into the thread for them to advise further when they are online.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:26 am

If your kids acquired Indian passport first and British passport they are eligible for Dual citizenship until they turn 18. If is that the case go to FRRO office and and ask them to send you an email that your kids can hold dual citizenship. It's easy and simple. Get the confirmation email from FRRO take a printout with you to the Indian immigration they will stamp the passport and allow you to fly. But you should hold the Indian passport and British passport. One of my friend recently did this and came to UK with no issues.

Pixie111
Newly Registered
India

Post by Pixie111 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:26 am

Hello,

We have directly applied for a British passport and the child does not hold and has never held an Indian passport.

Is someone able to advice on the procedure to follow and visa/exit permit requirements for travel to UK from india in this case.

Thank you