ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI card for child born in UK having British passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

OCI card for child born in UK having British passport

Post by amit_sharma90 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:33 pm

Hi,

I have my daughter born in UK and since both her parents had the ILR at her birth she got the British passport.

Later we parent also acquired the British passport so now we all three have British passport.

We are now planning to surrender our Indian passport and then apply for OCI. Still have our Indian passport with us.

I wanted to understand the process for my UK citizen daughter to get OCI. She did not had Indian passport so passport surrender is not applicable. I would like to apply her OCI card and like to know what documents are required for her.

Please advise. Will the parent being British now be any problem? Do I need my parents i.e.. her grand parents passport details or other details to show her Indian roots in OCI application?

Or can I apply her OCI first with my Indian passport to show india roots and once she gets it then I will surrender my Indian passport.

Not sure what best route should I take.

Please help.

Thanks
Amit

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Re: OCI card for child born in UK having British passport

Post by amit_sharma90 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:41 am

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: OCI card for child born in UK having British passport

Post by dontringthebell » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:27 am

Your and your wife's application would have direct claim as you held Indian passport.

Your daughter would have indirect claim as child of earlier indian national. IMHO you should first obtain OCi for yourself and wife. Then on the basis of your oci apply for her.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI