ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proof of self-employment-Trading less than a year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adam17

proof of self-employment-Trading less than a year

Post by Adam17 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:44 am

Dear All,

I hope you are well. I am currently in the process of applying for naturalization. I have been on Tier 2+ 1 ILR.

I have left employment in March 2021 and set up my own limited company in July, so I am currently self-employed. In the application document section it asks for:

"most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment."

Since I started my company after the Tax year ended in April 2021, and have been trading for only 6 months, how do I provide proof of self-employment, since I cannot provide a tax year account statement yet nor a corresponding HRMC tax return?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Adam17

Re: proof of self-employment-Trading less than a year

Post by Adam17 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:52 pm

Any thoughts folks?

Adam17

Post by Adam17 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:09 am

Up

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:52 am

I guess the only proof of self-employment you have is the registration as self-employed.
Perhaps you have emails or a letter from HMRC confirming yor status, or maybe you can take screen shots off the HMRC website?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.