ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are the requirments for Unvaccinated UK naturalized British citizens to visit USA?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kgnot
- thin ice -

What are the requirments for Unvaccinated UK naturalized British citizens to visit USA?

Post by kgnot » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:42 am

I read two different things on UK website and on USA government site. The letter says under the waiver program UK citizens can visit for tourism for 90 days which is what I need to see an exposition in Florida.
But I am not vaccinated. But other then this I do not need a visa and just buy the ticket and room then show up at the airport, correct?

vinny

Re: What are the requirments for Unvaccinated UK naturalized British citizens to visit USA?

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:33 pm

See also New Requirements for Air Travelers to the U.S.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Order, which took effect November 8, 2021, requiring all non-immigrant, non-citizen air travelers to the United States to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to the United States remains in effect. Travelers should monitor the CDC website on international travel for the latest guidance regarding testing requirements.

Exceptions to the CDC Order requiring all air passengers to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to the United States are extremely limited to the following groups:
  • children under 18
  • people medically unable to receive the vaccine
  • emergency travelers who do not have timely access to a vaccine
Humanitarian exemptions to the CDC order are granted on an extremely limited basis.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kgnot
- thin ice -

Re: What are the requirments for Unvaccinated UK naturalized British citizens to visit USA?

Post by kgnot » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:22 pm

ooo man so I must vaccinate...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:38 pm

You also need to apply for an ESTA. You can't just "arrive" in the us without an ESTA.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:23 pm

kgnot wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:22 pm
ooo man so I must vaccinate...
You won't be allowed to even being checked-in if you're not fully vaccinated.

I just came back from the US and when doing the check-in at Heathrow, a lady with a British passport was denied boarding because she was unable to demonstrate this.

She argued she was vaccinated but didn't have anything to prove it. The flight departed without her.