ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland - First time passport applications timelines -2021

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UncleBud
United States of America

Re: Ireland - First time passport applications timelines -2021

Post by UncleBud » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:20 am

james2005 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:46 am
1st Time Adult Applicant i need help clarification so i can prepare myself.

(1) Original Long Form Birth Certificate. I do not have original long form birth certificate. I only have Original (National Population Commission birth certificate which have been authenticated by my country's embassy in Dublin and was accepted by citizenship). Can i submit this?

(2) Original Civil Marriage Certificate. I have original Irish Marriage certificate as my surname has changed due to marriage.

(3) Proof of entitlement to Irish citizenship. (I have my original Certificate of Naturalisation )

(4) I have original national passport and driver's licence. Should i just make copies and have Garda or any solicitor certify them, or i must provide originals? Same Garda or Solicitor must witness my print out application form?

(5) Should i include additional document such as copy of PPS card and Student ID and have them certified by garda or Solicitor?

(6) Must my original national passport be provided in my application?

(7) Proof of Name: Will a print out Tax clearance from welfare.ie be acceptable if certified by Garda or solicitor? Can I also provide a different bank statement and have it certified too?

(8) Proof of Address: I have original bank statement and utility bill, can i provide copy and have them certified or i must provide originals?

In summary, i would like to know exactly what ORIGINAL documents i must provide and what certified copies i must provide. Or do i need to provide Originals and as well certified copy?
I too had a name change when I got married. In addition to sending your original marriage certificate, send along an original "proof of name" document that shows your full name (first, middle, last). I had sent something with my middle initial as proof of name and had to resubmit something with the full name. Good luck!

idonteatanimals
India

Post by idonteatanimals » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:34 pm

I received my original documents back today, and to my surprise, they cut my original birth certificate and naturalisation certificate from right side, maybe in order to fit in their scanner? Horrible horrible service. I hate them :(

babyhalloween2
Newly Registered

Post by babyhalloween2 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:52 pm

I sent my application off via post on Wednesday. I know it was shipped to Ireland according to my Royal Mail reference number, and hypothetically got to Ireland early Thursday morning, but the An Post website hasn't updated with tracking information. I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it took for their application from it arriving in Ireland to actually being signed for/your passport tracker updating? My passport tracker is still in the "awaiting documentation" stage.

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:22 pm

babyhalloween2 wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:52 pm
I sent my application off via post on Wednesday. I know it was shipped to Ireland according to my Royal Mail reference number, and hypothetically got to Ireland early Thursday morning, but the An Post website hasn't updated with tracking information. I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it took for their application from it arriving in Ireland to actually being signed for/your passport tracker updating? My passport tracker is still in the "awaiting documentation" stage.
It took mine around 2 weeks between sending it from the UK and it appearing in the tracker

longbeach
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by longbeach » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:50 pm

Applied on the 21st Dec 2021
New passport received 14th Feb 2022

Just to note, the passport arrived prior to dispatch notice on the tracker

babyhalloween2
Newly Registered

Post by babyhalloween2 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:50 am

G Dog wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:22 pm
babyhalloween2 wrote:
It took mine around 2 weeks between sending it from the UK and it appearing in the tracker
Hi G Dog, thank you for this, I appreciate it. You've allayed my worries!

corky100

Post by corky100 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:59 pm

To anybody asked to resubmit proof of name/address and applied in 2021......

I too got asked to resubmit documents, I provided 3 proofs and only 1 got scanned.

They've updated the requirements and I've highlighted the relevant change.

Proof of name such as government correspondence like a letter from the NHS, Social Welfare or HM Revenue and Customs. >>If you do not have these, original utility bills, or bank statements **can be considered**.<<

Not "will be considered".

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:35 pm

corky100 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:59 pm

I too got asked to resubmit documents, I provided 3 proofs and only 1 got scanned.

Proof of name such as government correspondence like a letter from the NHS, Social Welfare or HM Revenue and Customs. >>If you do not have these, original utility bills, or bank statements **can be considered**.<<

Maybe that's what happened to myself....submitted my application on 23/9 and got knocked back just before Christmas asking that they needed proof of name and address (despite me having sent a bank statement and utility bill). When I queried that with the webchat, they advised that I would have to do what the verification team said. I've sent in additional proof of name and address, but went back to the end of the queue, with a new estimated issue date of 8/3. All rather frustrating, and should have been a straightforward application as I've been an Irish citizen since birth (my mother was born there). My new estimated date is close by, so I'll see what happens then.

Wow90
Ireland

Post by Wow90 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:41 am

They are so disconnected from reality. Because one of the requirements for naturalization is not be on the welfare. So how age you gonna have a letter from them.

An revenue is all online now, but they don't accept print outs

What a joke.

corky100 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:59 pm

neemah_
Newly Registered

Post by neemah_ » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:29 am

babyhalloween2 wrote:
I sent mine off on 13/01/2022 via Royal Mail and it arrived in Ireland on 18/01/2022.

Unfortunately the passport tracker hasn’t updated to say my documents have arrived yet and it’s been over a month now. There was a huge influx of first time applications in January I believe so I’m hoping that it updates soon.

Fghost
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Fghost » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:04 pm

I am the same. Documents sent Jan 20th and so far Tracker still shows awaiting documents. I have huge doubts that I will see my German and new Irish passport anytime soon. It is so annoying that they cannot return your documents straight away. I was meant to give a guest lecture abroad end of next month but I think I can forget about that.

damocov
Newly Registered

Post by damocov » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:58 pm

Last post from me with some additional dates:

Application received: 25/10/21
Documents acknowledged and status moved to verifying: 4/11/21
Estimated Issue date: 10/1/22
Status changed to 'processing': 13/1/22
Status changed to 'printing' 11/2/2
Status changed to 'dispatched':16/2/22
Passport book arrived (in UK): 17/2/22
Passport card arrived: 18/2/22
Identity documents returned: 21/2/22

All in all about five weeks beyond the original estimated date, but not too bad, and at least my recent trip to the Schengen zone was for leisure not work so the delay wasn't a big issue.

maguis
Brazil

Post by maguis » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:39 am

Fghost wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:04 pm
I am the same. Documents sent Jan 20th and so far Tracker still shows awaiting documents. I have huge doubts that I will see my German and new Irish passport anytime soon. It is so annoying that they cannot return your documents straight away. I was meant to give a guest lecture abroad end of next month but I think I can forget about that.
Have you tried the webchat? My husband and I are in similar situation - went to webchat and they said my documents are all ok and processed and was given an estimate date. That said, my husband docs are not processed yet and they said it must be in a pile of documents waiting to be picked up. We both sent everything on the same day :/

Dublin2022
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin2022 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:45 pm

My Timeline:
16/12/2021-Alert
We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.
The estimated* issue date for your Passport is:04/03/2022

30/12/2021-Processing application
We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.
15/02/2022-Processing application
Your application is being processed
18/02/2022-Printing
Your Passport Book is being printed. Any\all documents submitted will be returned separately
18/02/2022-Dispatched
Your Passport Book was posted on 18/02/2022

The passport has been issued 2 weeks before due date
Note: my experience as i have sent more document as proof of name/address together with my native passport, my birth cert is not laminated along with translation that verified by justice department of my country, so i think there are no reason for them to ask more paper from me and it will speed up the process

Fghost
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Fghost » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:59 am

maguis wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:39 am
Fghost wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:04 pm
Have you tried the webchat? My husband and I are in similar situation - went to webchat and they said my documents are all ok and processed and was given an estimate date. That said, my husband docs are not processed yet and they said it must be in a pile of documents waiting to be picked up. We both sent everything on the same day :/
Yes I tried webchat and tried to ring them. Impossible to get through. I then got in touch with a local TD, but he could not help much either. I was told that I would only get my German passport back for immediate travel if I had to go for a funeral, but not for a work trip. How they get away with such a bad service is beyond me!

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:58 pm

pluto1992 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:00 pm
pluto1992 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:33 am
Timeline

1 month 3 weeks 4 days ago
14/12/2021
Alert
We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.

1 month 3 weeks 1 day ago
17/12/2021
Processing application
We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

7/02/2022
Processing application

Fingers crossed that it goes smoothly and no more documents are required.
Update:
2 days ago
21/02/2022
Printing
Your Passport Book is being printed. Any\all documents submitted will be returned separately

Yesterday
22/02/2022
Dispatched
Your Passport Book was posted on 21/02/2022

Received my passport today. 1 day before the estimated issue date

End of the journey for me. All the best to everyone still waiting!

matkustaja
Newly Registered

Post by matkustaja » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:30 pm

Seems like the passport office have a fire under their bums all of a sudden:

Today
23/02/2022
Printing
Your Passport Card is being printed

Today
23/02/2022
Dispatched
Your Passport Book was posted on 23/02/2022

Yesterday
22/02/2022
Printing

1 week ago
16/02/2022
Processing application

1 month 1 week ago
17/01/2022
Processing application

2 months 1 week 4 days ago
14/12/2021
Alert

Patpatriot
United States of America

Post by Patpatriot » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:11 pm

For those that have been on this forum awhile, has anyone come up with a theory yet on how they process the applications? Are there teams such as in the FBR and if you get a bad one you are just unlucky? Some are getting passports weeks before due date some are a month after, there's seems to be no order to this. I'm on my second attempt now, just went past the 40 working days again and mine is still verifying with no movement. First attempt went 18 days past due date before they let me know of an issue.

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:40 pm

Patpatriot wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:11 pm
For those that have been on this forum awhile, has anyone come up with a theory yet on how they process the applications? Are there teams such as in the FBR and if you get a bad one you are just unlucky? Some are getting passports weeks before due date some are a month after, there's seems to be no order to this. I'm on my second attempt now, just went past the 40 working days again and mine is still verifying with no movement. First attempt went 18 days past due date before they let me know of an issue.
I've been keeping an eye on your progress too, as our timeline is similar. I got the dreaded email to provide more ID before Christmas, and my current estimated due date is one day after yourself. And like yourself, my status still says verifying. Very frustrating.

corky100

Post by corky100 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:39 pm

Patpatriot wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:11 pm
There was a theory on that posted on the very first page of this thread ;)

One thing I have noticed is that it's difficult to seperate,sometimes, paper applications from online etc

babyhalloween2
Newly Registered

Post by babyhalloween2 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:43 am

Good morning everyone
I have an update on my application far faster than I thought was possible! Thank you to those of you who wrote back to me last week to share your experiences about the time it takes between the office receiving your documents and them officially moving your tracking status to "processing". My timeline looks like this:

Application made online - 11th Feb 22
Documents posted to Ireland from England - 16th Feb 22
An post tracker shows the documents were signed for at Balbriggan Passport office - 21st Feb 22
Passport tracker updates from "we are awaiting your documents" to "processing application" - 24th Feb 22

After hearing others say that the time between the last two stages took a month or more, I was pleasantly surprised to see this change so soon. I hope anyone else who is waiting is similarly rewarded very soon.

babyhalloween2
Newly Registered

Post by babyhalloween2 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:55 am

Whoops, also forgot to say... my projected issue date is the 5th May, so ten weeks.

Wow90
Ireland

Post by Wow90 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:51 am

babyhalloween2 wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:43 am
Good morning everyone
I have an update on my application far faster than I thought was possible! Thank you to those of you who wrote back to me last week to share your experiences about the time it takes between the office receiving your documents and them officially moving your tracking status to "processing". My timeline looks like this:

An post tracker shows the documents were signed for at Balbriggan Passport office - 21st Feb 22
Passport tracker updates from "we are awaiting your documents" to "processing application" - 24th Feb 22

After hearing others say that the time between the last two stages took a month or more, I was pleasantly surprised to see this change so soon. I hope anyone else who is waiting is similarly rewarded very soon.
Processing application (verifying your documents) stage is done quickly from awaiting documents.

What takes longer is to move from processing application to just processing. Processing is when they verified your docs already. They can OK or ask for more info. That usually takes 1 or 2 months.

The stages can be found here.

Application received: We have received your Passport Online application. We cannot process it until you send us, by post, the required supporting documents.
Alert: We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.
Processing application: We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.
Processing application: Your application is being processed.
Printing: Your Passport book is being printed. Any documents submitted will be returned separately

babyhalloween2
Newly Registered

Post by babyhalloween2 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:31 pm

Wow90 wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:51 am
babyhalloween2 wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:43 am
Good morning everyone

Processing application (verifying your documents) stage is done quickly from awaiting documents.

What takes longer is to move from processing application to just processing. Processing is when they verified your docs already. They can OK or ask for more info. That usually takes 1 or 2 months.

The stages can be found here.

Application received: We have received your Passport Online application. We cannot process it until you send us, by post, the required supporting documents.
Alert: We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.
Processing application: We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.
Processing application: Your application is being processed.
Printing: Your Passport book is being printed. Any documents submitted will be returned separately
Well that took the wind right out of my sails! Thank you though, this is very helpful. :)

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:44 pm

Ugh.....Tracker said my passport posted to me a14/02/2022 .Mail from Ireland arrives but missed it. Finally go down to post office to sign for it--just return of my FBR certificate...no passport? Of course, passport webchat is closed until Monday now so gotta wait...aggravating.

jgclancy