ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS family permit refused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bunvis
Newly Registered

EUSS family permit refused

Post by bunvis » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:23 pm

Hi as an EU citizen I had applied for EUSS family permit for my parent in law but unfortunately it got rejected on the basis that no evidence of family relationship was provided even though I had provided my marriage certificate as a supporting document to show evidence of relationship & according to the case worker my parent in law is not dependent on me bcoz we had ticked the option in questionnaire in application as not financially department. And also one of the reason of rejection was that my parent in law didn't provide evidence that he can support himself without financial support from me. I would like to know is it a right reason to reject EUss family permit. Thanks

input-output
Armenia

Re: EUSS family permit refused

Post by input-output » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:25 pm

When did you apply? This decision may be correct or incorrect depending on when you applied.

bunvis
Newly Registered

Post by bunvis » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:35 pm

Thank for your reply .We had applied in November last year. Well after reading about EUSS family permit rules I now understand that assumption of dependence was changed in June 2021 which I didn't know before applying, so from this point of view decision could be right but however I still don't understand why another reason of refusal was given which was that, No evidence of relationship was provided, even though I had provided my marriage certificate along with passport copy of my spouse.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:32 pm

bunvis wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:35 pm
No evidence of relationship was provided, even though I had provided my marriage certificate along with passport copy of my spouse.
Not sure why the passport copy of the spouse is relevant.

To prove relationship to a parent-in-law, you would want to provide your marriage certificate (to prove the in-law relationship) AND your spouse's birth certificate (to prove the parental relationship). Did you provide both these proofs?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

bunvis
Newly Registered

Post by bunvis » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:25 pm

Copy of passport was provided as my spouse is from India and on last page of passport the names of his parents and spouse are mentioned. No birth certificate was provided as my spouse has no birth certificate he said he was born before 1989 in India and use school leaving certificate in lieu of birth certificate in india. So it's a bit complicated.