ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension query (both main and dependent applicant)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nafi14
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Visa extension query (both main and dependent applicant)

Post by nafi14 » Tue May 10, 2022 5:43 pm

Hi All,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I searched a lot but could not find any.

I am a Ph.D student, my current visa expires on 1st June 2022. University granted me 1 more year to complete my course which was hampered due to covid, and they issued me a CAS until July 2023.

My wife is also in the UK as a dependent and her visa expires on the same date (June 1, 2022).

Now we need to apply for visa extensions.

Q1. Can we apply at the same time?
- Previously one of my peers applied (in Oct 2021) and they only had to submit one application form with all information for both. But now, gov UK website says the partner has to submit a separate application. In that case, do I need to get my visa decision first or we can apply at the same time?

Q2. I assume it's possible to apply at the same time with the Unique Identity number of forms, In that case the IHS from my wife asks for my visa expiry date. Which date should I provide? My current visa expiry or the assumed visa expiry if my visa application is successful?

Q3. In the IHS form of my wife, they also assumed my citizenship to be British, which is not correct. It's not allowing me to change it. What should I do?

Thanks.
Any help is much appreciated.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Visa extension query (both main and dependent applicant)

Post by sah10406 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:20 am

nafi14 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:43 pm
Q1. Can we apply at the same time?
- Previously one of my peers applied (in Oct 2021) and they only had to submit one application form with all information for both. But now, gov UK website says the partner has to submit a separate application. In that case, do I need to get my visa decision first or we can apply at the same time?
Your friend is mistaken. The main applicant's application asks about any dependants but that is just factual, not an application for the dependant. Each person must apply. Whether your dependant applies at the same time or later is up to them.
nafi14 wrote:
Q2. I assume it's possible to apply at the same time with the Unique Identity number of forms, In that case the IHS from my wife asks for my visa expiry date. Which date should I provide? My current visa expiry or the assumed visa expiry if my visa application is successful?
The latter.
nafi14 wrote:
Q3. In the IHS form of my wife, they also assumed my citizenship to be British, which is not correct. It's not allowing me to change it. What should I do?
Sounds weird, like they might have used the wrong application form.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

nafi14
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: Visa extension query (both main and dependent applicant)

Post by nafi14 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:39 am

Thank you for the clarification.

With regards to the ohs issue of British citizenship, I will try to have fewsh form for both and see if the issue persists. If it does, what do you recommend I do? Add a cover letter and explain I could not change it?

Thanks.