ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Original Docs

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

OCI Original Docs

Post by mesn » Fri May 06, 2022 7:14 pm

Hi Folks, could someone who has recently applied for OCI help me, please?

Me, Wife and kid have to apply for OCI [based on self India origin] as we have plans to visit India in July. We have received our British passports but haven't yet received the supporting documents [waiting for 4 weeks].

We have an OCI appointment on 13 May and wanted to check what are the mandatory original documents we need to submit at VFS? Is it only the British Passport and Indian Passport Surrender certificate or anything else?
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

dreamers315

Re: OCI Original Docs

Post by dreamers315 » Tue May 10, 2022 9:43 am

My question do we need to handover our british passport at VFS for new OCI application because we have travel coming up in 4 days of our OCI appointment. Can anyone clarify this part?

Thanks in advance.

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Tue May 10, 2022 3:16 pm

Hi

If you haven't received the original documents yet from HMPO, I can fairly assume you have not submitted application for Surrendering your Indian passport which is a must before you submit your OCI application at VFS.

I have read posts where original documents asked at VFS varies from place to place. At VFS Birmingham, they ask for original surrender certificate and british passport; and verify that all the required documents are uploaded as well.

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Tue May 10, 2022 3:19 pm

dreamers315 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 9:43 am
My question do we need to handover our british passport at VFS for new OCI application because we have travel coming up in 4 days of our OCI appointment. Can anyone clarify this part?

Thanks in advance.
You have to submit the original British Passport along with OCI application at VFS. You will receive the passport back in a couple of days time (give at least a week to receive it)

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Sat May 14, 2022 5:41 pm

dreamers315 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 9:43 am

Thanks in advance.
Just submitted OCI. British passport was not taken.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Sat May 14, 2022 5:43 pm

rainbowbutterfly wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:16 pm
Hi

If you haven't received the original documents yet from HMPO, I can fairly assume you have not submitted application for Surrendering your Indian passport which is a must before you submit your OCI application at VFS.

I have read posts where original documents asked at VFS varies from place to place. At VFS Birmingham, they ask for original surrender certificate and british passport; and verify that all the required documents are uploaded as well.
No. We did it differently. After getting the Naturalization certificate, we surrender Indian Passport. Then applied for the British Passport mentioning we don't have any uncancelled foreign passport.

Just got the docs back yday and luckily it was the same day we had the OCI appointment booked. They did take the surrender certificate, old indian passport and Naturalization certificate in original.