ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications From 2020 Pending Approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oakers
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2020 Pending Approval

Post by oakers » Fri May 20, 2022 12:47 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:36 pm
Received confirmation of payment email "A Citizenship Certificate Fee was processed on 20/05/2022. You will receive a letter from this office in due course regarding the final stage of your Citizenship application."

Is this the same wording as received by others? No mention of June ceremony. I am hoping to receive an invite. I've read the threads from previous years and I note that several people who followed the payment process still didn't get included in the ceremony and had to wait. Really hoping this doesn't happen here.

I feel for the others from 2020 applications who are still waiting for news, it's such a frustrating process with very little transparency.
Did you send back a declaration of fidelity? I did and that's the wording I got.

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Fri May 20, 2022 12:53 pm

Wasn't given that option, this was after the letter asking for making payment within 10 days to be considered for June Ceremony. Was dated the 12th even though received much later, I made payment straight away so within the 10 days even using their date.

The wording they use is very ambiguous, I imagine deliberately so.

oakers
Ireland

Post by oakers » Fri May 20, 2022 1:17 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:53 pm
Wasn't given that option, this was after the letter asking for making payment within 10 days to be considered for June Ceremony. Was dated the 12th even though received much later, I made payment straight away so within the 10 days even using their date.

The wording they use is very ambiguous, I imagine deliberately so.
It's the same wording I got so you're probably bang on the money. Allows them to make up their mind.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri May 20, 2022 1:18 pm

oakers wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:47 pm
NiallPP wrote:
Received confirmation of payment email "A Citizenship Certificate Fee was processed on 20/05/2022. You will receive a letter from this office in due course regarding the final stage of your Citizenship application."

Is this the same wording as received by others? No mention of June ceremony. I am hoping to receive an invite. I've read the threads from previous years and I note that several people who followed the payment process still didn't get included in the ceremony and had to wait. Really hoping this doesn't happen here.

I feel for the others from 2020 applications who are still waiting for news, it's such a frustrating process with very little transparency.
Did you send back a declaration of fidelity? I did and that's the wording I got.
Well I think its a standard payment response once payment is processed online irrespective of whether you would be invited for a ceremony thereafter or you would receive certificate by post.

It would be hilarious though if you get invited for ceremony after all drama you had with your declaration form😂

oakers
Ireland

Post by oakers » Fri May 20, 2022 1:30 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:18 pm
It would be hilarious though if you get invited for ceremony after all drama you had with your declaration form😂
OI you, don't tempt fate :lol:

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri May 20, 2022 1:59 pm

oakers wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:30 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:18 pm
OI you, don't tempt fate :lol:
It would be great to see you in the ceremony mate assuming we both get the invitation on time🤪

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 pm

siseñor wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:25 am
Anyone else from 2020 still haven't heard from them? I guess if nothing comes today then we're not going to be included for this ceremony and have to wait until December. Really didn't see this coming as I thought my application was a straight-forward case but apparently it isn't. :cry:
I applied in September 2020. My lawyer thought it was going to be a 6 months thing due to how straight forward my application was. My e-vetting was completed 4 weeks ago but no approval received yet. So disappointing

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Fri May 20, 2022 9:43 pm

AmiVera2022 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 pm
siseñor wrote:
Anyone else from 2020 still haven't heard from them? I guess if nothing comes today then we're not going to be included for this ceremony and have to wait until December. Really didn't see this coming as I thought my application was a straight-forward case but apparently it isn't. :cry:
I applied in September 2020. My lawyer thought it was going to be a 6 months thing due to how straight forward my application was. My e-vetting was completed 4 weeks ago but no approval received yet. So disappointing
Well everyone thinks their case straight forward..that is what I thought and it took 4 years for me ...😁😁

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sat May 21, 2022 6:47 am

Yeah, true. I wonder what makes a case straight forward or not?

I’ve lived at the same address from day 1 in Ireland. Although I did live in England before, but also only at one address. I thought thAt made my case more straight forward. But then I suppose with regards to addresses, if you lived at the same address in Ireland for the past 10 years, then that would be more straight forward….

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

Post by siseñor » Sat May 21, 2022 7:39 am

AmiVera2022 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 pm
siseñor wrote:
Hopefully you'll hear something next week since you got an e-vetting request. I honestly lost hope and asked a solicitor to send them a letter yesterday. She gave them 12 weeks to make a decision, which is quite long but better than nothing, at least this way I make sure I'm part of the December ceremony.

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

Post by siseñor » Sat May 21, 2022 7:43 am

jbminger wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:47 am
Yeah, true. I wonder what makes a case straight forward or not?

I’ve lived at the same address from day 1 in Ireland. Although I did live in England before, but also only at one address. I thought thAt made my case more straight forward. But then I suppose with regards to addresses, if you lived at the same address in Ireland for the past 10 years, then that would be more straight forward….
True, it's all relative. Honestly I don't really mind waiting until next year even. I just want to know when so I can plan my life accordingly. Keeping us in the dark like this is just unfair.

Optimist1234
Ireland

Post by Optimist1234 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:06 am

NiallPP wrote:

I got same email. Hope for the best :D

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Sat May 21, 2022 1:41 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:23 pm
Yep online payment, digital photo (best to get a professional one to meet requirements), scan of passport and IRP card.

Just submitted all that online so hopefully confirmation and invite to ceremony will come soon.

Now have to figure out getting from Dublin to Killarney (don't drive!) - any info on how these ceremonies usually run? Are they early in the day and should we be there the night before? Seems like there is likely to be a mad rush on accommodation as invites come through.
According to the following link, previous ceremonies were in the morning: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... eremonies/ so you're right about the potential mad rush to find accommodations because unless you don't live far from Killarney it's safer to go the day before. I tried to see if there is a car service to see how much it is to be driven there from Dublin or if there is a carpool system, but couldn't find any. It would be smart to be able to split costs with other people. Anyway, I didn't even receive my approval yet, so I don't know why I'm worrying about this stuff ahead of time :?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sat May 21, 2022 6:34 pm

Optimist1234 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:06 am
NiallPP wrote:

I got this email on 18th May.

I also got a letter from them for refund next day as I made duplicate payment.

@NiallPP and Optimist1234, do let us know please when you receive the invitation letter 🙏🏾

Optimist1234
Ireland

Post by Optimist1234 » Sat May 21, 2022 8:21 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:34 pm
Optimist1234 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:06 am
NiallPP wrote:

I got this email on 18th May.

I also got a letter from them for refund next day as I made duplicate payment.

@NiallPP and Optimist1234, do let us know please when you receive the invitation letter 🙏🏾
No worry I will.

Moh25ah
Ireland

Post by Moh25ah » Sun May 22, 2022 8:39 pm

I am so stressed that I did not hear anything from them, They did not even send me an e-vetting request, and I am so disappointed that I might have to wait for an extra 6 months until the December ceremony.

Is there anyone in the same situation, I applied in Oct 2020 and did not receive an e-vetting or a second letter??

adeolual
Newly Registered

Post by adeolual » Mon May 23, 2022 7:03 am

I am in a similar sutuation as you, i applied since 20 oct.2020 got garda vetting done and completed viewed by DoJ 23 feb 2022 and up till now i have not heard anything as per approval. I am just hoping to hear good news this week otherwise it will be Dec. Which will be totally unfair.

paradoxmillin
Newly Registered
India

Post by paradoxmillin » Mon May 23, 2022 9:39 am

Moh25ah wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 8:39 pm
I am so stressed that I did not hear anything from them, They did not even send me an e-vetting request, and I am so disappointed that I might have to wait for an extra 6 months until the December ceremony.

Is there anyone in the same situation, I applied in Oct 2020 and did not receive an e-vetting or a second letter??
Hi,
I was in the same situation. Applied in October 2020 and didn't hear back from them till March 2022. I have applied FOI and that brought some traction and evetting etc started..

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:08 am

Sorry about that guys. We'll get there eventually :)

Kyrahkenya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Kyrahkenya » Tue May 24, 2022 6:04 am

[quote=Moh25ah post_id=2071416 time=1653251987 user_id=195731]

[/quote]
Hi All,

I received my certificate today , There was a letter with it and it did mention that due to covid ceremony has been affected.

Applied March 2020( Irish Spouse)
Had two letters from the department requesting more documents through out 23 months.

I never got Vetting request. From reading this thread I learned about FOI - applied for it in Feb - travelled and while away I got an email from FOI- came back to Ireland end feb -

Second week of March I got approval letter - straight away applied for Cert & send declaration back - paid the fee but never got a confirmation email . Wrote about 4 emails chasing for a confirmation payment was received- payment made on 12/03 - got confirmation on 21/04

On 18/05 I received second email to confirm fee was processed- noticed status changed to complete on Jahs website .

Today 23/05 I received my certificate. I have applied online for passport and have all my supporting documents ready to post tomorrow on my lunch break :-)

It has been a hard journey but reading everyone’s experience here made me calm and helped me out a lot the information here is truly amazing .

It’s bye for now I wish you all the best of luck In your journey and to those waiting I have my fingers crossed for you 🤎

Kyrahkenya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Kyrahkenya » Tue May 24, 2022 6:06 am

Hi All ,

I received my certificate today , There was a letter with it and it did mention that due to covid ceremony has been affected.

Applied March 2020( Irish Spouse)
Had two letters from the department requesting more documents through out 23 months.

I never got Vetting request. From reading this thread I learned about FOI - applied for it in Feb - travelled and while away I got an email from FOI- came back to Ireland end feb -

Second week of March I got approval letter - straight away applied for Cert & send declaration back - paid the fee but never got a confirmation email . Wrote about 4 emails chasing for a confirmation payment was received- payment made on 12/03 - got confirmation on 21/04

On 18/05 I received second email to confirm fee was processed- noticed status changed to complete on Jahs website .

Today 23/05 I received my certificate. I have applied online for passport and have all my supporting documents ready to post tomorrow on my lunch break :-)

It has been a hard journey but reading everyone’s experience here made me calm and helped me out a lot the information here is truly amazing .

It’s bye for now I wish you all the best of luck In your journey and to those waiting I have my fingers crossed for you 🤎
[/quote]

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Tue May 24, 2022 1:28 pm

Congratulations!!!!

mbbaras
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mbbaras » Thu May 26, 2022 4:15 pm

Application based on: Spouse of Irish Citizen
Applied Date: 20/10/2020
Application received Date: 23/10/2020
Acknowledgement Date and passport back: 28/02/2021
Second Letter: 12/04/2021
E-Vetting email and post received: 17/01/2022
E-Vetting disclosed viewed: 27/01/2022
Approval: 23/03/2022
Application paid online and declaration sent: 19/04/2020
(we were on a holiday for 3 weeks until we got home and saw the approval letter in my mailbox :D)
Application payment processed: 13/05/2022
Date of Ceremony: N/A
Certificate received: 26/05/2022
*This forum helped me a lot to track timeline of my application. Thank you guys! Hope you’ll get your certificates soon!

mejhia
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by mejhia » Fri May 27, 2022 9:31 am

Applied in Feb 2020. Did evetting in Dec 2021. Still waiting with no word so I emailed them. Just got a reply this morning that my application is still being processed to see if I meet the requirements for naturalisation.

Honestly, it made me sad. 27 months and still processing. Meanwhile, my life is in limbo waiting.

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Sat May 28, 2022 3:34 pm

mejhia wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:31 am
Applied in Feb 2020. Did evetting in Dec 2021. Still waiting with no word so I emailed them. Just got a reply this morning that my application is still being processed to see if I meet the requirements for naturalisation.

Honestly, it made me sad. 27 months and still processing. Meanwhile, my life is in limbo waiting.
So sorry to hear that. At this point, if I were you I would involve a lawyer