ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration/Mental health

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Orlando454
Newly Registered
Spain

Immigration/Mental health

Post by Orlando454 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:50 pm

Good evening members.
I am trying to get help for somebody who about to be deported. Tbis person is suffering from delusional disorder and she is not able to deal with her immigrations appeal in terms of getting help from a lawyer as she does not trust any lawyer. Each lawyer she had so far gave up with her case because she was not cooperate in terms of providing documents to support her appeal. I know very well this person and she is delusional, but she does not want to admit the facts. If she loose the appeal, she will face deportation but she has nothing left behind in her country. All the fammily is in the UK. She is arround 55 and does not have any kids. Her GP diagnostised her with delusional disorder but she does not really realise she is about to be deported. The grounds are: overstaying, asylum seeker refusal, ofending PC.
How can this person be helped? I am thinking to get somebody to act for her or provide documentation to the lawyer so that she could not be deported. I am thinking that is she provide documents that she is mentally sick, she could stay in UK. But she does not want to use this route, as she claims she is not mentally sick. Is very diffcult to speak with her about this because she starts screaming and shouting, claiming she is not sick. But is very obvius she is suffering mental health. She claims people are following her and want to kill her. What kind of help can she get? I am really concern about her as i care about her.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Immigration/Mental health

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 pm

Hello

It's really hard to help someone in this state of mind.

I tried and I failed.

Someone I used to know was in the UK for 25 years+. He was married to a British women and had 3 kids with her. Entered the UK with a visitor visa and never left. He was ok most of the time but he wasn't mentally sound. He used to play guitar and disconnects from reality. He never wanted to hear about any paperwork. He just wanted to live and ignore all practical aspects.

One day, his wife initiated divorce proceedings and, I believe, tipped the Home Office about him. He got arrested and they asked him to leave the country. They let him go, but 2 weeks later he boarded a plane and left the UK.

Needless to say he never came back and I don't think he ever will. With some effort, he could have sorted his status. After all that time in the UK, he had a clear path to regularisation.

Immigration is already difficult when you are in your right mind. For people with issues, it gets even worse.