ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global Talent Visa to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Iran

Global Talent Dependant and ILR

Post by safdari_peyman » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:36 pm

Hi,
I am on Tier 2 visa and about to switch Global Talent Visa. I will apply for my ILR after getting the GTV (Following a 3-year route in Sep. 2022). My wife is on a Tier-2 dependant visa, and she will be following a 5-year route toward ILR (she will be eligible to apply for ILR in 2026). Her visa will expire in 2024 and needs to extend for another 2 years.
I have 2 quick questions:

1- Does my wife need to switch a Global Talent dependant visa before I apply for my ILR or she can extend it by staying on a Tier-2 dependant visa in 2024?

2- Should I apply for just 1 year of GTV or because of my wife's situation I have to apply for at least 2 years?
If I get 1-year GTV, it will expire in 2023 but my dependent visa will be valid until 2024, which makes no sense to me.

Your opinion and experience on those matters is much appreciated
Many Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Global Talent Dependant and ILR

Post by zimba » Wed May 04, 2022 12:30 pm

safdari_peyman wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:36 pm
Hi,
I am on Tier 2 visa and about to switch Global Talent Visa. I will apply for my ILR after getting the GTV (Following a 3-year route in Sep. 2022). My wife is on a Tier-2 dependant visa, and she will be following a 5-year route toward ILR (she will be eligible to apply for ILR in 2026). Her visa will expire in 2024 and needs to extend for another 2 years.

1- Does my wife need to switch a Global Talent dependant visa before I apply for my ILR or she can extend it by staying on a Tier-2 dependant visa in 2024?

2- Should I apply for just 1 year of GTV or because of my wife's situation I have to apply for at least 2 years?
If I get 1-year GTV, it will expire in 2023 but my dependent visa will be valid until 2024, which makes no sense to me.

Many Thanks
1. No. she does not need to switch. She cannot extend any Tier 2 visa as Tier 2 PBS route does not exist anymore. Note that for her ILR, the time spent as Tier 2 dependant will count (no need for 5 years under GTV).

2. The rules will grant her 3 years of visa under the Global talent dependant route if you get ILR. See below:
Period and conditions of grant for a dependent partner or dependent child on the Global Talent route
GT 24.1. A partner will be granted:
(a) permission which ends on the same date as their partner’s permission on the Global Talent route; or
(b) 3 years’ permission if the partner was (or is being) granted settlement on the Global Talent route.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... bal-talent
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by safdari_peyman » Wed May 04, 2022 1:03 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 12:30 pm
safdari_peyman wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:36 pm
Hi,

Many Thanks
1. No. she does not need to switch. She cannot extend any Tier 2 visa as Tier 2 PBS route does not exist anymore. Note that for her ILR, the time spent as Tier 2 dependant will count (no need for 5 years under GTV).

2. The rules will grant her 3 years of visa under the Global talent dependant route if you get ILR. See below:
Period and conditions of grant for a dependent partner or dependent child on the Global Talent route
GT 24.1. A partner will be granted:
(a) permission which ends on the same date as their partner’s permission on the Global Talent route; or
(b) 3 years’ permission if the partner was (or is being) granted settlement on the Global Talent route.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... bal-talent
Dear Zimba
Thank you very much for your help. One more quick question:
As I understand with the combination of my previous Tier 2 visa, I can complete 3 years of residence (which is now 3.5 years) and apply for the ILR. As it is written on the Home office, I need to show the proof that I had income with the global talent visa, but the number and period of income were not written.
But it is written on the Oxford University site that this period should be three months.
Could you please make it clear to me that earning money for a global talent visa should be at least three months, or one/two-month is enough?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 04, 2022 4:38 pm

There is no such requirement at all. In fact, the is no specific requirement whatsoever as per immigration rules.
You may choose to send evidence covering a few months, all is up to you

See: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-from-any ... l#p1990369
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Iran

Global Talent Visa to ILR

Post by safdari_peyman » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:49 pm

Hi,

Thank you to the forum admins and members for helping all in need. It’s really excellent work.
Could you please answer my two queries regarding GTV to ILR

I had Tier 2/Skilled worker visa from Jan 2019-13th May 2022. In 13th May 2022, I switched to the GTV. So my three years are already completed. I will show 17 days from May and one full month of June as earned money in the endorsed field.

1. For the ILR, should I apply through Set (0)?

2. Given that I will receive my June salary at the end of this month and, of course, my bank statement will be ready after that date, do I have to wait until that date to complete the HO website process and pay the application fee? Or can I already complete the website steps and pay the fee and book a biometric appointment for July? Is the date of fee payment on the HO website considered as "Date application sent" and the date of my bank statement and payslips must be before that date? Or is biometric date important?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: Global Talent Visa to ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:32 pm

1. Yes
2. There is no restriction. Provide the latest docs that you have when you get to upload them

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by safdari_peyman » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:27 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:32 pm
1. Yes
2. There is no restriction. Provide the latest docs that you have when you get to upload them
Thank you Zimba, you always help me to solve my problems in the best way.

I did a little research on this forum, as CR001 said in #p2033935 'Your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date you submit and pay online, which is the application date. Your biometrics appointment is irrelevant to this.'

I'm a little confused right now. Can I pay now and get a biometric appointment for July and submit a bank statement for the end of June? Does it mean that the date of my support document can be after the date of payment?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:29 am

Yes it can be

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by safdari_peyman » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:00 pm

I wanted to update here that my documents were for several days after the application date, even the salary received was 10 days after the application date and I received the ILR without any problems.
Also, the period of time that I had worked with the global talent visa was a total of 47 days, and I had only submitted the payslips for those two months, so there is no 3 months rule at all.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:46 pm

safdari_peyman wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:00 pm
I wanted to update here that my documents were for several days after the application date, even the salary received was 10 days after the application date and I received the ILR without any problems.
Also, the period of time that I had worked with the global talent visa was a total of 47 days, and I had only submitted the payslips for those two months, so there is no 3 months rule at all.
Congratulations and thanks on the feedback provided of scaling some probable hurdles on your application.