ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU3 Timeline for Non-Eu family Members of British Citizens

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pal80uk
Ireland

Re: EU3 Timeline for Non-Eu family Members of British Citizens

Post by pal80uk » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:45 pm

On citizenship scorecard -
1) under 'frequency' it says 4 years (except for SIN and refugee 3years).
Just wondering what is this in relation to, as my understanding is we must provide evidence for all previous 5yrs history?? Are they saying we only need to provide evidence for previous 4 years only?
2) Under 'final year continuous' - proofs must be provided that provides evidential support that applicant has achieved final yr continuous requirement.
Does this mean we have to provide full 12 months documentary evidence for the last year such as bank statement, bills etc and 6 monthly for rest of the years??
3) for rent agreements - proof of 'payment for 6 months' required.
Only proof I have is transactions on bank statements which I am already supplying separately. Would these be acceptable, if yes then do I need to provide duplicate statements again under this?
4) utility bills - it does not mention frequency - should we again provide 6 months consecutive bills for each year like bank statements? or can we supply 3-4 non-consecutive bills from each year for different months?

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:19 pm

pal80uk wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:51 pm
zahmed05 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:27 pm
I agree. The guidance there is vague but here is my calculation

Bank Statement - 50
Utility Bill and Broadband - 20
GP Letter - 25

For rest, planning to give affidavit that she is living with me and I provide accommodation. For this reason, pls consider my mortgage statement as proof of residence.

I've also extracted her social welfare statements. They are blank but guidance doesn't say it can't be NIL so hoping that will give her 50 points as well.
But as no welfare payments received - means no activity evidenced, so they may not consider this.

Rest of the evidence above adds up to 145 points, and only 5 points short of the total required and hope they will consider owing to the fact that they are dependant on their sponsor.
Also I see there are points for car tax 25 and car insurance 10, I was wondering if other dependant family members (non-drivers) could claim these points too, even though not included as named drivers?

or is this strictly named drivers on the car only?

I was wondering as its family car and also used for daily needs of the other household members too, could they not claim points for this too, especially the elderly dependent parents (disabled)?

Corw

Post by Corw » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:00 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:21 pm
Corw wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:15 pm
Right
So will they issue another Irish residence permit article 50 for new passport then ? However my is valid until 2024
And what stamp are they issuing after completing 5 years on Article 50 ?
Stamp 4 for 1 year only ?
They would stamp till your permit expires in 2024.

6 months before the expiry of your current permit, you would need to apply for EU3 Permit and once approved, you would get an Article 50 TEU card valid for 10 years.
I see
In order to obtain Article 50 TEU card for 10 years will i have to pay some fee then ?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:37 pm

Corw wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:00 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:21 pm
Corw wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:15 pm
Right
So will they issue another Irish residence permit article 50 for new passport then ? However my is valid until 2024
And what stamp are they issuing after completing 5 years on Article 50 ?
Stamp 4 for 1 year only ?
They would stamp till your permit expires in 2024.

6 months before the expiry of your current permit, you would need to apply for EU3 Permit and once approved, you would get an Article 50 TEU card valid for 10 years.
I see
In order to obtain Article 50 TEU card for 10 years will i have to pay some fee then ?
Its free

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:09 am

All, updated timeline as below:

Applied via email: 13/12/2021
Applied via Post: 13/12/2021
Application Received: 14/12/2021
Email Acknowledgement: 31/12/2021
Postal Acknowledged: 14/01/2022
Temporary Extension: N/A - see below
Current stamp (Article 50TEU) valid until - Apr 2023
EUTR3 approval: 07/06/2022
IRP Stamp4 (PR) applied: 09/06/2022, applied online under Withdrawal Agreement section, and paid no fee.
IRP Article 50 TEU (PR) received: approval email received 19/06 and post arrived 24/06, with 10yr Article 50 TEU stamp, instead of Stamp 4 as advised in the EUTR3 approval letter!

Also our passport expires in 3yrs, but we still received full 10yr IRP card (no stamp in passport).

But only received 1 approval, even though we applied for both applications same time. Never happened before, as on all previous occasions, both applications were always approved same time and received in the post same day too. This time is different!!! I will post once I receive 2nd IRP card as well.

Corw

Post by Corw » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:48 pm

Hi
I am filling out Visa form for canada 🇨🇦
There is a question that
Are you permanent residence of Ireland or temporary?
I am holding Article 50 spouse of British national.

Can anyone confirm that what to put down in visa form?
Permanent or temporary?

Note I haven't apply Eu3 long residencey card yet .

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:20 pm

Corw wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:48 pm
Hi
I am filling out Visa form for canada 🇨🇦
There is a question that
Are you permanent residence of Ireland or temporary?
I am holding Article 50 spouse of British national.

Can anyone confirm that what to put down in visa form?
Permanent or temporary?

Note I haven't apply Eu3 long residencey card yet .
My understanding is you will only obtain permanent residence status under your circumstance when your EU3 application is approved.

So if I were you, I would choose temporary.

Hope this helps!

loyozlr
Newly Registered
China

Post by loyozlr » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:14 pm

pal80uk wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:45 pm
Just wondering what is this in relation to, as my understanding is we must provide evidence for all previous 5yrs history?? Are they saying we only need to provide evidence for previous 4 years only?
2) Under 'final year continuous' - proofs must be provided that provides evidential support that applicant has achieved final yr continuous requirement.
Does this mean we have to provide full 12 months documentary evidence for the last year such as bank statement, bills etc and 6 monthly for rest of the years??
Only proof I have is transactions on bank statements which I am already supplying separately. Would these be acceptable, if yes then do I need to provide duplicate statements again under this?
4) utility bills - it does not mention frequency - should we again provide 6 months consecutive bills for each year like bank statements? or can we supply 3-4 non-consecutive bills from each year for different months?

These are my questions as well, no sure if can get some clarity here.

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:39 pm

loyozlr wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:14 pm
pal80uk wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:45 pm

These are my questions as well, no sure if can get some clarity here.
In my situation, I am addressing these as below:
1) 12 months statements/ proofs for current year (1st year) and 6 months for all previous years (previous 4 years). Total 5 years.
2) For this I am providing full 12 months records/ statements/ proofs to confirm this.
3) I have attached 6 months bank statements for each year - as proof of rent payments.
4) I am providing 12 months bills for current year and 6 months for each of the previous 4 years.

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:47 pm

Hi,
Can someone please advise, if we have to send certified copies of all previous cancelled passports too, for citizenship application.
or just the certified copy of current in date passport?

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:50 pm

pal80uk wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:47 pm
Hi,
Can someone please advise, if we have to send certified copies of all previous cancelled passports too, for citizenship application.
or just the certified copy of current in date passport?
If I send copy of current in date passport, that confirms my ID and I am claiming 150points for this. but not sure, if I still need to send all previous copies of cancelled passports too.

Adam2217
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Adam2217 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:31 pm

Hi All,
Any one please knows of if permanent card as spouse of EU would allow travel to UK or Europe if not accompanied with EU spouse?
Can my wife stay home if she welling, or we still need her activity in the state after getting permanent card?
Does the card say permanent? And if yes then why only for 10 years?

Thanks a million

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:43 am

Adam2217 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:31 pm
Any one please knows of if permanent card as spouse of EU would allow travel to UK or Europe if not accompanied with EU spouse?
You can check it here - https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t ... dex_en.htm
But I think no, the spouse needs to apply for a visa if they don't have right to go there irrespective of PR card
You do not need a visa if you have a residence card as an EU national family member issued under by an EU country other than the country your EU spouse / partner is a national of. You must be either travelling together with your EU spouse / partner or you are joining them in the Schengen country
Warning
If you have a residence card as an EU national family member and you are not accompanying or joining your EU spouse / partner in the Schengen country, you must apply for a visa to enter that country.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Adam2217
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Adam2217 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:52 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:43 am
Adam2217 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:31 pm
You can check it here - https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t ... dex_en.htm
But I think no, the spouse needs to apply for a visa if they don't have right to go there irrespective of PR card
You do not need a visa if you have a residence card as an EU national family member issued under by an EU country other than the country your EU spouse / partner is a national of. You must be either travelling together with your EU spouse / partner or you are joining them in the Schengen country
Warning
If you have a residence card as an EU national family member and you are not accompanying or joining your EU spouse / partner in the Schengen country, you must apply for a visa to enter that country.
Got it, Thanks for that.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:07 pm

After waiting 1year 8months
my spouse received refusal based on my activity

here is main points of refusal
(You have not submitted the necessary documents as follows:
Evidence of UK national's activities in the State for a continuous period of 5 years
For each period of employment, copies of the following documents should be provided:
- P60s for the last five years
For each period of study, copies of the following documents should be supplied: - Letter from private medical insurance provider for EU citizen and any dependants - Evidence of financial resources and corresponding bank statements
For each period of involuntarily unemployment, copies of the following documents should be provided: - Letter from Department of Social Protection with details of all benefit claims - P60s for prior 2 years of employment
Therefore your application does not meet the requirements of Regulation 12(2)(b) of the Regulations)

I provided them as much documents as I can but this Time no luck and I think it is hopeless to appeal.
now we are waiting to hear from Irish naturalisation.
just suggestions to anyone applying now or future,
work 5 years continuosly or if study route then (pay private medical insurance to all dependents).
they don't recognise 2years of work plus 3years study=5years