ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Dependent - Proof of financial opportunities

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Svetlaya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Tier 4 Visa Dependent - Proof of financial opportunities

Post by Svetlaya » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:44 am

Dear Admins,

I and my husband (dependent) apply to Student Visa Tier 4. My question is about proof of financial opportunities. I plan to prove my financial opportunities through my bank account and my parent's bank account. The official site says that I can do it with confirmation from my parent that he/she agrees to sponsor me.

My question is about my husband's proof of financial opportunities. Is it possible that his sponsor would be his parent?

Best regards,
Svetlana

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Visa Dependent - Proof of financial opportunities

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:20 pm

No. See Appendix Finance, paragraph FIN 5.1

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-finance

The basic rule for all types of application is that the money is in your own name. FIN 5.1(a) allows it to be in your partner's name if they are applying at the same time, and FIN 5.1(b) allows someone applying as a Student or dependant child of a Student to use money in their parent's name.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:22 pm

There is no provision in the rules for the funds required for the student's dependant to be shown to be available by the dependant's parent.

However,

ST 33.2 allows the funds required for the dependant to be shown to be available either by the dependant or by the student.

and

ST 37.2 allows the funds required for the student to be shown to be available either by the student or his or her parent.

It follows that the funds required by the dependtant can be shown to be available by the student or the student's parents (but not by the dependant's parent).
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Svetlaya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by Svetlaya » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:24 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:20 pm
No. See Appendix Finance, paragraph FIN 5.1

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-finance

The basic rule for all types of application is that the money is in your own name. FIN 5.1(a) allows it to be in your partner's name if they are applying at the same time, and FIN 5.1(b) allows someone applying as a Student or dependant child of a Student to use money in their parent's name.
Thank you so much for the fast and clear answer.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:42 pm

manci wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:22 pm
It follows that the funds required by the dependtant can be shown to be available by the student or the student's parents (but not by the dependant's parent).
I disagree that it follows. See how it is explained in Appendix Finance.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.