ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - 2 questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cooldude1982
Newly Registered

Spouse visa - 2 questions

Post by Cooldude1982 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:37 pm

Hi, so I'm British and my wife is from another country and applying for a spouse visa. I just had 2 questions.

1) I started my current job on 1st March 2022. I know I have to have been employed for 6 months. Does that mean that 1st September is the earliest date that I can ask my employer for a letter of employment? Because they will date the letter.

2) I know that it can take around 24 weeks. In this time, am I allowed to change my job?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa - 2 questions

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:27 am

Cooldude1982 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:37 pm
Hi, so I'm British and my wife is from another country and applying for a spouse visa. I just had 2 questions.

1) I started my current job on 1st March 2022. I know I have to have been employed for 6 months. Does that mean that 1st September is the earliest date that I can ask my employer for a letter of employment? Because they will date the letter. Its is not letter of employment, it is letter from employer that you will require. Should where possible not be older than 28days from the application submission date. Income meeting the financial requirements evidenced by 6months pay slips and bank statements.

2) I know that it can take around 24 weeks. In this time, am I allowed to change my job? You can, requirements are to be met at the time of application submission.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.