ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status application – unexpected evidence requested

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lunallena
Mood:

Settled status application – unexpected evidence requested

Post by lunallena » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:17 pm

Dear all,

I have recently applied for settled status (22/08/2022). I am a non-EU citizen currently holding pre-settled status, granted on 04/02/2019 (date on letter).

My immigration history is as follows:

Tier-4 student visa, issued on 03/09/2010 and expired on 30/01/2015
Tier-4 visa extension, issued on 03/03/2015 and expired on 09/04/2016 (application submitted before the first visa expired)
Tier-2 work visa, issued on 01/04/2016 and expired on 13/11/2016
Tier-2 work visa extension, issued on 02/11/2016 and expired on 14/02/2016
Tier-2 work visa extension, issued on 24/01/2017 and expired on 29/07/2017
Tier-2 work visa extension, issued on 18/07/2017 and expired on 14/05/2018
Family member -EU resident card, issued on 15/06/2017 and expired on 25/07/2022
Pre-settled status granted on 04/02/2019, valid for 5 years
Switched my family member EU resident card for EU scheme pre-settlement. This card was issued on 29/09/2020 and will expire on 05/02/2024.

When submitting my application, I was asked the year when my continuous residence in the UK started, to which I replied “2010”. Then I was asked to provide evidence of continuous residence from 2013 to 2018. I provided a series of documents, including tenancy agreements and bank statements. I also provided a copy of my EU resident card (from 2017) and marriage certificate (dated 2021) as evidence of my relationship with the EU sponsor. However, I was surprised to be asked to provide evidence of continuous residence for the 2013-2018 period, as I was expected to do so from 2017, which is when my EU resident card was issued. Has anyone got any similar request? Did I make a mistake by stating 2010 instead of 2017 as my continuous residence starting year?

I would appreciate it if anyone can share any experience in this matter.

Thank you.

kamoe

Re: Settled status application – unexpected evidence requested

Post by kamoe » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:20 am

I have a similar timeline and immigration history. I applied and got Settled Status last year. Since to get Settled Status you need to prove you still live in the UK and that the relationship with your sponsor still exists up to that point, when I applied, I uploaded upfront and without waiting for them to contact me, the following supporting documents:
  • Copy of the two EEA RCs I've held
  • Our latest Council Tax
  • The most recent joint bank statement
I do not remember even being asked when my continuous residence period started (but maybe I am misrememberig, or maybe that is just something new they ask these days). I was granted Settled Status within a month and a half and without further request for supporting evidence (See this post).

Now... note that I had two EEA RCs, because my RC was stolen in 2018 and I had to get it replaced (went through the whole process of collecting proof of cohabitation, like joint bills, statements, and did biometrics again, etc). Maybe that helped, since the second EEA RC would have been more recent proof of residence and relationship status...

But I have lived in the UK since 2009, and I do not remember ever being asked to prove continuous residence from that point.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

lunallena
Mood:

Post by lunallena » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:31 am

kamoe wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:20 am
I have a similar timeline and immigration history. I applied and got Settled Status last year. Since to get Settled Status you need to prove you still live in the UK and that the relationship with your sponsor still exists up to that point, when I applied, I uploaded upfront and without waiting for them to contact me, the following supporting documents:
  • Copy of the two EEA RCs I've held
  • Our latest Council Tax
  • The most recent joint bank statement
I do not remember even being asked when my continuous residence period started (but maybe I am misrememberig, or maybe that is just something new they ask these days). I was granted Settled Status within a month and a half and without further request for supporting evidence (See this post).

Now... note that I had two EEA RCs, because my RC was stolen in 2018 and I had to get it replaced (went through the whole process of collecting proof of cohabitation, like joint bills, statements, and did biometrics again, etc). Maybe that helped, since the second EEA RC would have been more recent proof of residence and relationship status...

But I have lived in the UK since 2009, and I do not remember ever being asked to prove continuous residence from that point.
Hi Kamoe,

Thank you for your reply.

I think I am going to add my latest council tax and joint bank statement to my application, as it gives me the option to do so.

I was surprised to get asked about all that evidence since I was under a different time of regulation during that period. I figured I would get contacted in case they needed further evidence but as you mentioned in your other post, that may just extend the time to review my application.

Thanks again for your help :)

lunallena
Mood:

Post by lunallena » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:46 pm

Just wanted to give an update on my settled status application.

I was granted settled status today, only 2 weeks and one day after submission (CoA dated 22 August 2022). No additional documents were asked although I did provide a copy of my latest council tax and joint bank statement two days after the initial submission.

Good luck to everyone!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:53 pm

lunallena wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:46 pm
I was granted settled status today, only 2 weeks and one day after submission (CoA dated 22 August 2022). No additional documents were asked although I did provide a copy of my latest council tax and joint bank statement two days after the initial submission.
Congratulations. Great to hear, thanks for reporting back!
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.