ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS - proving dependency for child over 21

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jestew
Mood:
United States of America

EUSS - proving dependency for child over 21

Post by jestew » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:41 am

Hi all,

Thanks to your help, I successfully acquired settled status in 2019, pre-covid. However, I never applied for either of my adult children (both are Swedish citizens through their mother). My son, 27, got covid in 2021 and since then has struggled with his physical and emotional health and came to live with us from Feb - Aug of 2022. During that time we couldn't find a means for him to extend his stay (we wrote to my MP asking for assistance from HO but they offered no help). He is now back in Sweden living with friends but wants to return to the UK to be with us.

If I apply for him for settled status as an adult dependent child - what evidence do I need to provide? I guess it's only financial - so bank statements - but how many and does it have to be some kind of regular payment or will just one-off payments suffice?

Thank you.
09/05/14 EEA FP granted
26/08/14 EEA RP granted
23/08/19 SS Application submitted
24/09/19 Biometrics submitted
06/11/19: CoA
21/11/19: Email that Settled Status granted
22/11/19: BRC by courier

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EUSS - proving dependency for child over 21

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:40 pm

You appear to have been granted settled status via the surinder Singh route due to your wife being British

You therefore cannot sponsor your adult children to the uk under the settled status scheme (as you are not an EU citizen) or the tougher immigration route.

Your adult children will have to find a visa they qualify in their own right, eg skilled worker visa etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.