ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Employer - Skilled Worker Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JinaJaundice
Newly Registered
India

Changing Employer - Skilled Worker Visa

Post by JinaJaundice » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:47 pm

Hi all,

I had a quick query. I recently put in my resignation from my current employer in anticipation of a four-week notice before joining my new employer. However, my current employer decided to provide payment in lieu of notice and my last date is now the 30th of September (this Friday).

The issue which arises now is that my new, prospective employer has not submitted my skilled worker change of employer application yet. They have drafted my CoS & have a draft version of my application form, but have not submitted it yet. Now since I made the rookie mistake of putting in my notice before application submission, is there any issue/risk with my current visa application process as my last day is the 30th of September and the application hasn't been submitted yet? Would it still be possible to submit the application after my last day with my current employer?

Really appreciate your help on this :)

ywlgy

Re: Changing Employer - Skilled Worker Visa

Post by ywlgy » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:32 pm

It's not a problem to submit the application after your notice period. You will have 60 days to legally stay in the UK after receiving the curtailment letter, during which you can submit the new application.

The risk is what if your new employer suddenly decides not to hire/sponsor you
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.