ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa - Restricted Work No Sports Coach

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Punnabeer
Newly Registered
Thailand

Dependent Visa - Restricted Work No Sports Coach

Post by Punnabeer » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:20 pm

Hello, my partner study in the university of Sussex. So I follow her to UK with a dependent visa.

My former job before move here was a fitness personal trainer. So I just would like to ask if I can work as a fitness personal trainer or a fitness instructor? I'm not sure about the detail of the job restriction of my visa. If someone can clarify or give me some advices.

Thank you in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Dependent Visa - Restricted Work No Sports Coach

Post by sah10406 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:25 am

The prohibition at paragraph ST 39.3(b)(iii) is specifically on working in professional sport, including as a coach in the world of professional sport.

(iii) no employment as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach);

So it depends who you are working for, whether it is professional sports. Your employer needs to ensure that you are working for them legally, so if you are genuinely concerned that the job makes you a professional sportsperson speak to the employer about your concern. If you are working at a local leisure centre or private gym I expect they will not consider themselves as professional sportspeople.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.