ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise needed for proof of living, passport gap between old and renewed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Good-Good
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Advise needed for proof of living, passport gap between old and renewed

Post by Good-Good » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:29 pm

Hi,

My partner is applying for Naturalisation on basis of 5 years as she got ILR on 10 years basis in Nov 2019.

Problem:

Her passport was expired in November 2019. She didn't renew until December 2021. Her 5 years qualifying period is from September 2017. Application is submitted on 12 September 2022. Everything is uploaded on IDV app but doesnt know what to do with this gap.

Can she submit all documents with this gap of 2 years plus?
If not can she submit Universal Credit statements starting from January 2020 to December 2021 but after August 2021 she was getting nothing and statements stated £0 as our both earnings were more and our claim closed after this.

All other things are done but stuck on this. Any advise will be helpful for us.

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Advise needed for proof of living, passport gap between old and renewed

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:33 pm

UC statements will be fine, the amount awarded doesn't matter, and once partner was in work P60 or pay slips for the remainder is also fine.
Are you a British citizen and partner married to you? Not sure of your statement " basis of 5 years as she got ILR on 10 years basis in Nov 2019" - the five years basis has nothing to do with the path to ILR. If married to you she can apply on 3 years basis.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Good-Good
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Good-Good » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:26 pm

Thanks @alterhase58 for your reply.

I am not British Citizen and currently on FLR FP 10 years parent route initially then changed to partner route after she got ILR and on my first extension by UKVI but still on 10 years route and not registered our marriage yet here in UK as we met here. She got ILR on 10 years basis as she was on student visa for 10 years.

I will upload Universal credit statements but 2 months of December 2019 and January 2020 will be left and and few days of November as her passport was expired on 23 November 2019 (Correction: I checked Universal credit account and statements start from 19 February 2020. In my first post I mentioned starting from January 2020). Will this be fine, if not then what shall be uploaded as proof of living for those 2 missing months plus few days of November 2019?

As application has been submitted. Can I make cover letter and upload along with these statements.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:51 am

Should be fine - cover letter & statements.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:55 am

You can also use council tax if it's in her name. Good luck.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Good-Good
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Good-Good » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:30 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:51 am
Should be fine - cover letter & statements.
Thanks for help and advise.

Good-Good
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Good-Good » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:30 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:55 am
You can also use council tax if it's in her name. Good luck.
Thanks